Thread: Now What do I do

I own an 04 xb12r with 34k miles. Last riding season I replaced the stator and voltage regulator and battery.
    After replacing the bike ran great only for about 50 miles before it started giving me the same symptoms as when the stator went out on me.. v twin light came on and I started losing electronic functions (lights, dash)
    I made it home barely and let it sit for the winter.
    I jumped to conclussions and figured the issue was the little plastic clip that comes on the newer stators. I figured I didn't trim it down enough and that the friction from the stator rotor burned it up.
    After cracking into the primary and getting to the stator a week ago it looks fine not burned up or discolored. (I didn't test it before opening it up)
    Now I am pretty lost. When I did replace the VR I had to wire on the new style harness. If I wired it wrong would my bike work at all? Would this cause it to overcharge my battery? I'm kind of stuck and would love to get the ol beast back on the road. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I do not have a spy cable.
    Thanks!

Inactive
    If I wired it wrong would my bike work at all?
    no.
    4 quick tests before you throw any more parts or labor at the bike:
    1-test the stator ouput. you're looking for something in vicinity of 47-51 volts AC @ approx. 2500rpm
    2-test the VR. you're looking for something in the vicinity of 13.1-14.2 volts DC """""""""""""""""""""""""
    3-check the condition of the ground cable from batt terminal to grounding post. check the frame post for cracks and corrosion. a problem in this fastening area will cause all sorts of charging system problems.
    4-load test the battery. if it's a chinese junker get it out of there and switch to a Deka Big-Crank.

Perfect answer this helps my troubleshooting Thanks

My 07 did something like that.
    Replaced the stator and it still acted up. Turned out to be the 77 connector.

http://docs.google.com/view?docid=d4rbxwr_20dq5khf

Good.luck

will check that out too thanks