Thread: Belt Alignment

Need some input if this is good or bad. I put my 08 1125R on the ground in April and have finally had time to get it back on the road. Now the crash wasnt bad but it did throw my bike against the ground on the RH side. The axle slider did its job and kept the swing arm from getting scratched but i noticed that my belt was riding farther off the rear pulley too. I thought maybe the swing arm shifted a little and just need the rear wheel loosened and retightened. So i had to put a new belt on anyways the old one was showing some cracking for its age. Anyways I put the new belt on and spun the wheel and it seems to be off the pulley the same if not more now on the bike. I did do some research on the pulley issue and it seems a common problem but most people are saying 1/8" and mine is way more (see below for the pictures) also they said the belt is a single directional belt so i did make sure it was facing the "correct" way and it is.

Any input would be great.

the idler pulley assembly will do this if not installed correctly.

The axle slider did its job and kept the swing arm from getting scratched but i noticed that my belt was riding farther off the rear pulley too.
    If it shifted over before you disassembled the rear, I would be tempted to pull the wheel and check the bearings and spacers for damage.

Anything else? I checked with a new wheel (it has new bearings and spacers) it has the same thing. Could the swingarm be bent? How can you check that?