Thread: 2005 XB12Scg in Los Angeles

2005 Buell XB12Scg
    Sunset Red
    36xxx (K)
    Primary: Screaming Eagle Synthetic 20w-50 (usually Amsoil)
    Engine: Redline Synthetic 20w-50 (usually Amsoil)
    Garage/Carport kept and always covered

I am in a situation where I may have to let my Buell go. I have picked up another bike (brand new) and I am awaiting work contracts to solidify, and that plays the biggest part. She has been an adventure, but I may have to take it down to a 1 bike stable. Being my first bike, I have learned a lot about motorcycling, both as a rider and a hands on owner.

I am posting here first to see if anyone is interested in owning her before I place an ad elsewhere. I would rather see her go to another Buell enthusiast, and not to someone who won’t respect the bike.
    Again, not in a rush to sell, and if things work out, I probably won’t. But I thought I would start the process just in case.

Asking $4.5k OBO (clean title in hand) (cash only) (no trades or separation of items from this ad, for now).
    If sold, please provide your own transport. No test riding without M1 and cash in hand. Basically, you fall/break it, you buy it.

The Bad:
    Not necessarily the bad, but full disclosure.

- I did go down on the track (first time, 2014) and this is the only time since I’ve owned the bike that it has been down. A low side at 10 miles into the sand. Nothing major damaged. Shifter bent (repaired). Primary scratched (as-is). Puck scuffed (have new ones, just kept old one on as a reminder not to fall again). 5-Odro frame slider took a small lashing, but fully functional and barely noticeable.

- Found out just recently as I went to replace the fuel pump that there was damage to exterior of the engine that holds the swing arm. A piece was broken and was hidden from me when I purchased the bike. I found a certified welder and had the bike repaired. I can show receipt and photos of damaged area and the same area repaired. No half measures, wasn’t cheap.

- Bike has always had and idle “hinkiness” to her. On initial startup she is fine, but after riding and then stopping for a long period of time, on restart the idle gets “hinky”. But after she warms up and she moves forward a bit, she is fine.

- The bike has some cosmetic imperfections do to me, previous owners, and time. Nothing major.

The Good: Installed within the past 2 months
    - New Fuel Pump (Amazon, HFP-361BU), New Fuel Filter, New Fuel Strainer, New Fuel Regulator, New Fuel Level Sensor
    - New Intake Seals
    - New Rocker Cover Seals
    - New Fuel Injector (Rear) (installed both, but front was a dud, reinstalled old one….no issues).
    - New O2 sensor (Bosch)
    - New TPS (AutoZone TPS213)
    - New Spark Plugs (NGK DCPR9EIX)
    - Throttle Cable (Closed) (accidently damaged when rotating engine)
    - Galfer Front Brake Pads
    - EBC Rear Brake Pads

The Good: Installed (2015)
    - Wheel Bearings (Front And Rear) (AllBalls)
    - Steering Bearings (AllBalls)
    - Rear Tire (few months ago) (Metzeler Sportec M7 RR, roughly has been on for 4k miles, nowhere near wear indicators)
    - Front Tire (Beginning of the year) (Metzeler Sportec M5 Interact, roughly has about 2k miles left, not at wear indicators)
    - Clutch Throw-Out-Bearing/Clutch Adjuster Bearing
    - Front Brake Caliper Rebuilt With ASB Kit

The good: Installed (2014)
    - Stator And Voltage Regulator (running strong)
    - Drive Belt (roughly has been on for 12k miles)
    - Head Temperature Sensor
    - Clutch Cable
    - Throttle Cables (Open And Closed)
    - Braking Front Wave Rotor
    - Braking Rear Wave Rotor
    - Caliper Side Fork New Seal/Oil (Because HD shop messed it up when they did my first brake job)

The Bike: Mods/Upgrades
    - Rizoma Red Handle Bars (thicker inner wall, helps with vibration)
    - Driven Red Metal/Grey Grips (rubber grip is replaceable)
    - CRG Arrow Bar End Mirrors
    - CRG Roll Click Short Levers
    - Rizoma LED Front Indicators
    - Integrated Turn Signal Rear Light
    - Air Scoop (Right Side)
    - Fender Eliminator
    - 5-Odro Frame Sliders
    - Generic Front Fork And Swingarm Axle Sliders (Lost one of the rear end caps)
    - LSL Steering Damper
    - Breather Reroute
    - K&N Filter
    - Voltage (Charging) Indicator In Dash
    - Brembo Radial Master Cylinder Upgrade (rebuilt, because it was used and wanted to be safe)
    - Brembo Master Cylinder Reservoir Kit
    - Jardine RT-1 Exhaust
    - Buell Race ECM

The Bike: Extras
    - Stator (New, never installed) (Had an extra because HD took forever to replace after they messed up, I bought one online)
    - Frame Puck Set (New)
    - Heel Guards Left And Right Set (New)
    - Ignition Coil (New) (replaced before I knew how to test parts, left original on, have this as backup)
    - New Spark Plug Set (NGK DCPR9EIX)
    - OEM Master Cylinder With CRG Roll Click Short Lever (MC was rebuilt using ASB rebuild kit)
    - Fuel Filter (New)
    - 2x Fuel Pumps: (1) New, not installed (Amazon, Caltric pump), (2) New, installed but replaced (Amazon, Airtex E2061) I replaced the Airtex because I thought it was bad, but ended up being something else (can explain more if needed). Ordered other pumps and just kept for later down the road if needed.
    - Airtex Fuel Strainer FS111 (New)
    - S&G Tool Aid 37260 Fuel Injection Pressure Test Adapter
    - Intake Seal Set (New) (Bought extra in case initial installation went wrong)
    - 77 Connector (New) (New stator came with this connector already)
    - Driven Diamond Grips (New) (Non-Bling)
    - OEM Left Side Grip (New)
    - Driven Red Bar Ends V2 (Used, couldn’t use with CRG Arrow mirrors)
    - Generic Bar ends Red (Used)
    - OEM Mirrors
    - Battery Strap (New)
    - Venom Bike Stand
    - Jardine RT-1 For Parts (Full can and end caps) (Original can damaged, rivets tore through when I bottomed out)
    - EcmSpy Cable

Bike has sold.