Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Firebolt Turn Signals

So I recently dropped my bike and I replaced most of the parts on it, when I drove it back after I had dropped it I noticed the turn signals weren't working, I thought it was because the right turn signal was broken. So I replaced the turn signal and it didn't fix the issue, then I thought it was the flasher so I replaced that with a EP-36 flasher didn't seem to fix the problem either. So now I'm stumped. That is the only thing that is not working on my bike right now and its pretty frustrating.

It might be the turn signal switch. You can take the relay back out and see if it gets power from the switch. If it doesn't, your problem may be in the switch.

When you say the switch what are you referring to, are you talking about the switch on the handle bars? or is there another switch that I probably don't know about?

Well, I still haven't had any luck figuring out what it could be, I took apart the front fairing and looked at the wiring to see if they were all connected and I also took off the seat and looked at the connection to the batter and it didn't look like anything was unplugged or unscrewed. I ordered a new flasher to replace the one I just put on to see if that is the problem, but for now I just took off the turn signals since they aren't required where I live.

I take it your turn signals are LED? The reason I ask is because you put a ep-36 flasher in.

Nada, standard turn signals. I also installed an ep-36 flasher, nothing came up however.

The ep-36 flasher is for leds I don' know if it will work with your standard turn signals.

Sorry, I wasn't getting notifications somehow. Yes, I was referring to the switch on the handlebars.

Hmm didn't know that, I just saw it in one of the threads when I was doing research on the problem and that was the only replacement I could find unless I could find an oem flasher but, they were pretty expensive. I couldn't pick one up at a local auto store either.

Sirius I opened the casing on the switch but nothing one the inside looked broken and the connections were still soldered on.

You can take the relay back out and see if it gets power from the switch.

Sirius I opened the casing on the switch but nothing one the inside looked broken and the connections were still soldered on.

verify with a meter or test lamp

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast