Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New forum

Administrator
    Inactive members with at least one post will never be deleted. Posts are never removed.

recently noticed that mods that are online have + added to their name. Just curious, what is the significance?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlogix View Post
    thanks, but that leads me to another question of course. LOL.

When I clicked on settings it displayed the rep points that I had given to a couple of people. In parentheses was 'power XXXX and a numerical rating. What is that? Will the new forum also show us when and who gives/takes a rep point?
    Each member has a different reputation power that depends on his track record with the forum.

Members gain one reputation power:

- for every year of being registered
    - for every 100 received rep. points
    - for every 1000 posts

Members with less than 50 posts have no reputation giving power.

Ok I have a question,

Is there any way to get a recent post tab to go with the new post? I usually look over post a few times before actually opening them and with the new post tab they disappear after any refresh. I've found a way to see what I want but the convenience of a tab would be nice.

To give an example of what I'm taking about- click the new post tab then select mark all threads read then reselect new tab and a message will come up saying you've read all threads but can search recent post within the last 24 hours by clicking here. Once you click here you get to a page that resembles the original home page on buellxb with all recent post.

Can y'all make that a tab or maybe even in the homepage or am I missing the bus and is there an easier way to access that page?

Thanks for the help, love the new site as I'm active on several vbulletin sites and the pros definitely out way any cons.

"recently noticed that mods that are online have + added to their name. Just curious, what is the significance? "

Just realized, never mind. I'm getting old and it takes longer. Just F#*%ing wish that somewhere in the past 40 years I surely to God would have learned how to type.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaXB9R View Post
    To give an example of what I'm taking about- click the new post tab then select mark all threads read then reselect new tab and a message will come up saying you've read all threads but can search recent post within the last 24 hours by clicking here. Once you click here you get to a page that resembles the original home page on buellxb with all recent post.

Can y'all make that a tab or maybe even in the homepage or am I missing the bus and is there an easier way to access that page?
    There is nothing exactly like you describe, but try using the Advanced Search function. The link is just below the Google search box (right hand side top bar) or just click here:

http://www.buellxb.com/forum/search.php

It allows you to find posts by day or from your last visit. You can use it to display all new Posts since yesterday, and simply go over the list without it disappearing. Hope this helps.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123