Thread: Ok Here is the Problem...

Ok Here is the Problem...

Ok so I installed new Mirrors with integrated blinkers and a fully integrated tail light. I love them both and got them working properly after installing the power modulator (or whatever that thing is called) to make sure it was drawing the right amount of power. Since then I have somehow managed to make it so that the Nuetral light will not go off and the bike wont crank with the kickstand down. Lift the kickstand and it starts so its not a major issue sense I can still ride the bike, but it is rather annoying. Share your vast and Infinite knowledge buell community!?!?!

Sounds to me like you need to replace the neutral switch/sensor. Pull the front pulley cover and check that the sensor isn't disconnected or that it doesn't have any frayed wiring. The neutral switch/sensor is located near the top rear of the front pulley, just below a couple oil lines. It's right behind the belt. You'll see it once you get the cover off.
    I couldn't tell you off hand how to test that your current sensor is good so you'll have to google search Buell xb and neutral switch issues or something. That should produce an old thread where someone much more electrically versed has outlined how to test the switch.
    You could also refer to your service manual.
    Good luck

If your bike is a 03 it should not start because of the kickstand switch ,if kickstand is down.

Well before I started working on it you could start it in Nuetral with the kickstand down, but now its a no go. Chicknstripn I will look into that much appreciated.