1 20.00%
  • Give me money + bike

0 0%
  • Keep my R6

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade my R6 for 1125CR

Trade my R6 for 1125CR

HI everyone first post. I've always loved Buells and even tried to apply for a loan to get one back in the day when I was just starting out. Since then I've had a GSX-R 750 and now an 08 R6. Im 28 and maybe wanting something sporty but more upright like an FZ09 when I came across this 1125CR on craigslist. http://parkersburg.craigslist.org/mcy/5068833053.html

I would be trading my 08 R6 with 8,500 miles that has been down on the right side with light damage behind the front headlight.

1. My question is what do you think is a fair trade? Give him money, even up, or give me money? NADA values the CR much lower than my R6 but KBB values them at the same (those sites are never right with motorcycles). It also is much harder to sell a Buell over my R6, it seems you have to find someone who WANTS a Buell, which happens to be me.

2. What is it like riding the Buell over a 600cc I4? Who here has made the switch? We are planning on meeting (1 hour each way) so i can ride and see how it feels. Basically, if i like the feel then i'll want to trade which leads me back to the first question.

3. If i'm a Buell owner, what are the downfalls/perks? I hear parts can be hard to come by and can be expensive from what i've read online.

Thanks for any input. I've been riding for 9 years now and I think it's time to get away from the "crotch rockets". I need you guys to help me decide one way or the other! Please dont be biased toward Buells. I'm sure if i posted this on a an R6 forum they might do the same.

My bike. 2008 Raven R6, right side light damage, clean title. GYTR slip on, bar end mirrors, clutch/brake levers, front flush indicators, rear fender delete. The blue is plasti dip and can be removed, it's gray under.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The cr that u are looking at is low mileage and looks good. i do see a small area where the paint has come off on the clutch cover side puck. looks to me that it either has or has had clutch weep at some point. Try and remember to ask if it has been fixed. and ask how.. If you do a search on buell 1125 clutch weep you will know what to look for and what part is usually used to fix. I would also ask about rotor/stator fix or upgrade. also google search. If you are really into the 1125cr these things wont hold you back, but some things you will want to know about the bike you are getting and would give you an edge when it come time to 'deal". These things are common problems with the r and cr models.
    When it come to the comparison between a sport bike with a twin and a I4 bikes ....you really cant compare....torque is unparalleled in a sport twin. its always there. different beast all together. I do see that the cr already has the upright bar conversion witch makes it even more comfortable..... I would think that you could get a straight up trade from him considering the cr looks to be fairly stock.....ie stock exhaust, mirrors and stock undertail.
    just my 02, but if the cr is straight i think you will love the cr.

I have had my CR since April and I love it. Your R6 is a nice looking bike and i know for a fact you will enjoy the CR more its a all around great bike to ride/cruse around on.

More pics he sent https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...N0YlhqRDhUSktR

He said he replaced the voltage regulator, not the stator and said he hasnt had the "weep" but thanks for having me look them up online. He also powder coated the pegs gold, added HID's with the high bars. (it comes with the regular bars also)

Decisions! I should meet next week to ride and see why everyone likes them.

That's a nice find. I would love an 1125 one day.

I'm going to guess you'll have to ante up some cash on that trade. Up to the other guy though I suppose.

That is a nice CR. Where are you located at ascMcLaren?

I'm in Columbus Ohio, he's about 2 hours away so we are going to meet an hour each way. I thought i might have to pay him a bit of cash too but i wouldnt over 200 bucks. He said he is having a hard time selling it but I know i could sell mine for 4,500 easy and probably 5k if i waited. It's sad his is only going for 5k and still wont sell. I think its undervalued but thats also my win!

yes but doesn't get righteous until at least an Adams RT-3 and a Cobb tune Use that as a bargaining chip. Neither Dean or Cobb is cheap, but it's worth it.
    Last edited by mrlogix; 07-18-2015 at 09:52 PM. Reason: dumbass 5th grade education I guess

Just checked the local prices on 08 r6's, they are going for more than I thought they were.

Buell's are seriously underrated and underpriced. If you trade for the cr, don't expect to get actual value out of a sale. But given the condition of both bikes, I would still say the deal is in your favor.

As a former r6 junkie and yamaha guy, I can tell you for a fact you will enjoy the **** out of the 1125. I went from running r6's to an r1, sold it for a Buell xb9, then to the 1125r I have now. The 1125 handles better than any of them and as far as power goes, its like an ungodly combination of the r1 and the xb. Awesome machines.

I'm just south of Columbus. I'm in town all the time. A few buckeyes on here.

As a former r6 junkie and yamaha guy

Now the truths out and I know why your messed up. LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast