0 0%
  • Keep my R6

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trade my R6 for 1125CR

Quote Originally Posted by mrlogix View Post
    As a former r6 junkie and yamaha guy

Now the truths out and I know why your messed up. LOL
    I looked at the pictures that u posted and I could swear that in the last pic the puck shows signs of dot4 fluid eating the paint..from clutch weep. In another pic it looks like its gone. When you go to look at bike...during the test ride, chech voltage by pushing mode button and make sure its good and after ride look at puck. Look for weep hole turned to top and or signs of being repainted.
    I will.say that the bike looks great though. Not a fan of the gold powder coating of pegs and tension pulley but still very nice, don't let him get to carried away with the 600 vs vtwin litre bike thing, thinking his car is golden. While we love our cr1125s, all owners know they are a tough bike to move.
    If u make the deal I have little doubt, you will fall in love...deff look at pipes and tuning.

Thanks for all the insight. Seems like I should go for the bike once i ride it and know i actually like it. I see the general problem, they are great bikes but no one is wanting them and they are undervalued so for him and me it seems like a logical trade. He would really like cash but he knows if he gets my R6 he could sell it to some kid much easier than his buell that he has been sitting on for a while. I will look at the weep for sure and check the voltage, if it has the weep I for sure won't be giving him any money and would look for the trade but i think asking for even 200 bucks is a stretch.

Really depends on how badly you want t the cr. I gotta say....I love my bike. Going from your 6 to the 1125 will open up more riding to you just because of the bar conversion and way more top end..spent 8 hours on mine. Couple weeks ago and aside from a very sore ass was a blast. Plus I always like hearing people coming up asking questions about bike..a lot of people have never seen one. The clutch weep isn't a real big deal. You can do yourself if you can bleed the clutch...and the fix is right around that 200 mark that u were talking about.I think you both would be happy with deal.you moreso than him.

The clutch fix from EBR was only $99.

Those days are gone. If you can find the ebr clutch fix for a bill....I'm in for a few.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12