• Hawk

6 13.04%
  • Buell Race Exhaust

9 19.57%
  • Full system (Not Slip-On)

2 4.35%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Which exhaust on your 12?

Got to be a custom one-off deal, never seen that one before. Looks like the can got crushed from over-tightening the clamps or the body wasn't rigid enough to get clamped down on. Almost looks like a Borla car muffler. Band clamps are also a bit loose.

Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    Got to be a custom one-off deal, never seen that one before. Looks like the can got crushed from over-tightening the clamps or the body wasn't rigid enough to get clamped down on. Almost looks like a Borla car muffler. Band clamps are also a bit loose.
    It definitely looks like a car muffler. The clamps are a bit loose but I am not sure how to tighten them and they are pretty hard to access. I can tell you that the exhaust sounds good to me. I will try to capture some high quality sound and return to the thread with a clip for you to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    Just recorded a short video of the mystery exhaust on my xb12s. have a listen....https://youtu.be/rX-vw5r3xmM

I had a Micron Serpent system on my XB12 for a while before some idiot backed into my bike downtown and flipped it over... destroying it. Then it became insanely difficult to obtain another exhaust from Micron. However, that thing looked great, but sounded the best - it really had a unique sound quality to it.

The fit and finish of the British APH-Engineering exhausts are also excellent - I love the sound of them too.

Sounds the same as a modified magnaflow, the can on yours is just a bit fatter cross section, so the profile doesn't fit the aluminum half moon bracket correctly. That's why it's crushed on the top and probably why the band clamps are loose. I'm still thinking it's a Borla, although I may be incorrect. I haven't seen one with the correct dimensions to match what you have there.

Here is a Jardine GP1 on my XB9R
    https://youtu.be/G-tPlG9GERE

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345