Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I live in Indiana and I ride a Firebolt

I live in Indiana and I ride a Firebolt

What's up everybody? I've been lurking for about a year and finally decided to register after the recent update to the forums.

I ride an '09 Firebolt that I picked up from a former Buell mechanic. He's an older gentleman who bought a few bikes at the fire sale, who favored his Uly over his Firebolt, and made me a sweet deal that I couldn't pass up... just under 7k miles, flawless, select seat, tail bag and saddle bags, rain gear, etc.

I rode a Honda CB550 for a short time before I got the Buell, but this is my first real bike. My wife and I took the MSF course (she rides a Suzi SV650 SF) and each have a couple thousand miles under us so far. We're still new but we're smart low risk riders who wear ATGATT and usually ride by ourselves or in a few small group.

Since I got the bike last fall I've wrapped the exhaust, got the right side scoop, added KD 2in drop pegs and aftermarket bar risers to address some comfort issues. It seems like most guys add the drop pegs because they're tall, but I'm short and added them so my legs aren't so tucked which helps my knees out. They're a bit worn from skating and snowboarding haha. Next up will be an exhaust system and a way to lock my helmet on my bike.

I was after a Lightning to begin with but the 'Bolt came around and I had to jump on it. My hands get sore after a while but I'm sure that's due to how I position myself with my short T Rex arms and the $hitty gloves that I currently have.

The bike is fun and definitely unique, especially around my area. I've only ever seen one other 'Bolt and a handful of Buells in my area. The issue with that is I'm not sure where to park it at bike meets! The sport bike guys don't care about it for whatever reason, Harley guys sometimes know what it is, and most of cruiser guys think it's a sport bike haha. I'm not too worried about it though, fu(k 'em if they don't like it!

my condolences. LOL. Bring any beer? Get us one and I'll tell you how you can get 10% more power using 2 stroke oil in the gas

Quote Originally Posted by mrlogix View Post

my condolences. LOL. Bring any beer? Get us one and I'll tell you how you can get 10% more power using 2 stroke oil in the gas
    We drink whiskey 'round these here parts, ya heard?

ooh, big spender...LOL. Then make mine a double bourbon on the rocks please.

I like not fitting in on my Firebolt at bike meets. Unfortunately, or fortunately, it does get a lot of attention from folks. I like starting it when people aren't expecting it to make that deep tone.

Yeah, that's what gets their attention. I think the sport bike crowd looks at it like it's a Harley and thus assumes it's not quick.

Nah, we usually mix up some Evan Williams at my place. Def not big spender status. When I get in a mood I spring for Tap 357, that $hit is delicious. Buffalo Trace is my pick for straight no chaser, but when you mix it up it doesn't really matter as much.

Not fast until the front wheel comes up before the bike starts moving.

Last weekends I rode past a group of 4 banger pilots at 5mph in a parking lot and waved, they stood there with crossed arms and didn't acknowledge my efforts. What's up with riders not returning the wave? I'm new to two wheels with an engine between them but I understand common courtesy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast