Thread: Another Handlebar question

Another Handlebar question

Hello!

I sure dont' post often here because I usually find the answers. Unfortunately, I need more help this time.

When I purchased my XB12S it came with the crossroads handle bars. I have nothing from the Stock set. Due to my Carpel Tunnel and Cubital Tunnel syndrome, I need to get at least stock height handle bars. I understand I need the handle bar clamps which I don't have and of course handlebars. My confusion is the sizing. I am not too familiar with this at all so I request assistance. My goal is to sit more upright than I do with the crossroads.

Questions, what clamps, handlebar size do I need?
    How do I go about replacing the crossroads handlebars to regular bars?
    What clamps/handle bars should I get?
    Any other items I am missing?

Thanks for the assistance.

I have Carpel and use the Renthal Ultra Low bars on my bike with no issues, but also use the cramp buster on the grip to help...Crossroads are bolted onto the upper triple, simply unbolt and install the new bars and top clamp...after all the controls have been placed on the bars that is. adjust the controls and bars to your liking, so don't wrench down on anything until you place them where you feel they are best for you. take a ride and see if it's where you want it, if not readjust as you go. top clamp is the same between the 9 and 12, only difference is the decal on it. you can pretty much go with any bar you like, even a CR clubman bars will fit.
    CAM00310.jpg
    Last edited by thrstrmech; 07-20-2015 at 02:16 AM.

Pretty much what thrstrmech said. You can find the top clamp on ebay or from someone in the classified section. The bars are 7/8 (right? I'm TDY right now and away from my bike or I would measure to be sure), so pick a bar bend that will be comfortable for you.

What would you sale you crossroads for? I would like to try a set.

Yes the bars are 7/8". The clamp is not that much from the dealer if I remember right. I was going to use one for a riser at one point. Buy two and you can lift the bars up about an inch.

What the guys said above, just make sure its a buell top clamp....the reg 7/8 clamps are striaght as the buells are on an angle. Ive seen em on ebay for 20 bucks. Also i have carpal and used the ultra lows also....works well, but i also have the crossroads...

My other thought is to have a handle bar tall enough. In other words, I would like to sit up more instead of leaning. especially when on long rides.

stock handle bar is about $48 at newcastlehd.com, set the bike up back to stock and go from there. if it doesn't work for you, then try another handle bar 'til you're comfortable. you can make your money back from buying other bars by selling the crossroads, good luck and let us know what you settle on.

Inactive
    factory lightning bar specs as follows....this will get you close:
    OD-7/8th inch bars
    width-31 inches
    rise-5 inches
    pullback-5 inches