Thread: Buell XB9R Suspension set up

Question Buell XB9R Suspension set up

Hi folks, just got an XB9R 2004 model.

Really takes me back to my Norton Commando days.

Anyway, I'm finding it difficult to set the suspension up as I'm starting with the set up from the person I bought it from (he had it so tight it was just skipping over bumps & under steering).

This bike is so twitchy & I know it doesn't have to be like that. So at the moment I've just softened the settings down quite a bit. 2 Rings showing on the forks, top adjuster 1 1/2 turns out, lower adjuster 1 1/2 turns out (Please don't talk about preload rebound etc unless you say what adjuster it is on the bike I'm not familiar with the terms). Rear adjusters bottom (Near swingarm) Left hand side 1 1/2 out, Right side set Middle. I haven't looked at the one under the seat yet.

Does anyone have a suspension set up (or method) they would like to share that they've used for themselves? I weigh 170Lbs but any starting point would do for me, other wise it's gonna take me ages setting it from zero & means riding around with the appropriate tools to adjust things whilst riding.

Any help would be appreciated. Paul

Thank you very much. That is really clear information. Got the bike handling ok today, just needs tweaking to get spot on. Softer settings seem to work well for me although tiny bit of vagueness in mid corner. Thank you. Paul

Thanks for the info. It's coming along nicely, should have it sorted with a bit of tweaking tomorrow. Thanks again. Paul.