Thread: one cylinder firing no codes

Angry one cylinder firing no codes

So it randomly went to one cylinder at a stop light on Fri. Just the rear cylinder is working. Definitely hard to keep at a constant idle without throttle. It would isle at 5-700 rpm and die without throttle. Been running great the past 5 months. Throws no codes, both spark plugs have spark. We switched the plugs (front to rear and rear ri front) and only the rear was working. Got to the ecm and unplugged it and it hopefully it would restart something. It did fixed the idle issue. Now it sits at 1100 rpm. Any ideas?

You might want to check your plug wires to, I know my front one was rubbing on the inside of the frame and it was worn into and make sure they are on all the way they can come loose from coil. I wire tied mine on at the boot.

Inactive
    what rick said plus you mentioned "both plugs have spark". i assume you mean with both plugs removed from motor....grounded....and arcing to atmosphere. correct? do NOT be deceived by that. a faulty or fouled plug often times will spark to atmosphere when removed from the intense combustion chamber pressure. replace both plugs and see what you have.