Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need some dimensions of the rear suspension

need some dimensions of the rear suspension

anyone have the specific dimensions of the rear shock (standard unit, blue spring)? specifically looking for eye to eye length, upper mount width, upper mount hole diameter, lower mount width and lower mount hole diameter...thanks for any help there.

Cant you get the mount width and hole diameter by measuring the frame and swing arm with verniers they are a snug fit on the mounts, then all you need is someone to measure the length for you?

was at work and didn't ride the Buell in to get the measurements. I have a caliper, so i'll be able to do it at home now. thought maybe someone had the info handy, thanks anyway.

I didnt think of that sorry! i dont have access to my bike right now either but some aftermarket shock suppliers list the dimensions but its lots of mucking around! i know penske could tell you they told me mine. good luck anyway someone on here will help you i am sure!

got the dimensions, upper mount I.D. 1.24", lower mount I.D. 1.16" and from eye to eye is 14.25", used the parts catalog to get bolt hole sizing for the upper and lower mount holes. working on the FZ-09 and looking for suitable suspension up grade, so think the low rear suspension may work instead of the standard one. now I need the eye to eye dimension of the low rear shock since the other dimensions are the same.

Glad you got it sorted sorry i was of absolutely no bloody use whatsoever!! lol

I can get you the low dimensions tonight

cool, thanks... Cole

Tone...thought the rear shock was made by Showa?

Yes thrstmech but me being a flash git and quite possibly the fastest rider to walk on this earth (in my head anyway! lol) i got a Penske shipped from the states all in black of course!

Extended 13 1/4
    Lowest ride height 13 1/8

Now, these were measured in the bike with a tape measure, so they are rough measurements..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast