Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New XB12R Owner

Wink New XB12R Owner

Hi folks,

Newly registered to the forum, but I've been lurking for a few months. Picked up my first motorcycle a couple weeks ago, a 2006 XB12R w/ 8800 miles. This site and the helpfulness of the Bueller community in general had a bit to do with my decision. So far I've changed the motor & primary oil with Mobil 1 V-Twin Synthetic, replaced spark plugs with NGK Iridiums, replaced the 7 year old but still new looking tires with Dunlop Qualifiers, installed a K&N filter, right side scoop, repaired a leaking fuel line disconnect(glad i caught this in the garage), had to repair the frayed wire on the rear cylinder temp sensor that was causing an intermittent cel and malfunctioning fan, and thats about it. Seems to be running as good as new. All in all I'm very happy with the bike and have enjoyed the little bit of wrenching I've had to do and getting it freshened up a bit. I now have a Jardine Rt-1 pipe to install and ECMSPY cable to get a new map onto the ECM, however I've had 0 luck getting ECMSPY to recognize the bike's ECM. Is anyone here aware of a shop or individual in the north Texas area that would be capable of flashing a pre-tuned map to my ecm relatively cheap? At this point I'd rather pay someone for their time/ expertise than continue to read up on the programs, drivers required, purchase a new laptop(currently running vista), find the maps to download, etc.
    Looking forward to hearing back from anyone that can help.

Pic's or it didn't happen right? Here it is. I swapped the amber windscreen to black after this pic though. Honestly not sure which I prefer, looks great with both.

20150701_190917.jpg

Looks great - can't help with the ECM piece, though

Nice find and welcome. I have always been a fan of the amber rims. I'm zero help with the ECM issue. Good luck, ride safe, ATGATT.

Make sure you got that suspension dialed in for you weight according to known settings. That 52" wheelbase and 84 lb-ft of torque will bite you in the ass if the setup is wonky. I don't know why you are having ecmspy problems... I have heard of guys actually using their cellphones for ecmspy but I have no experience with that Im sure someone on here knows how to do that... that may be a better way for you if your cellphone is more up to date than your laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloomshadow View Post
    Make sure you got that suspension dialed in for you weight according to known settings. That 52" wheelbase and 84 lb-ft of torque will bite you in the ass if the setup is wonky. I don't know why you are having ecmspy problems... I have heard of guys actually using their cellphones for ecmspy but I have no experience with that Im sure someone on here knows how to do that... that may be a better way for you if your cellphone is more up to date than your laptop.
    Thanks Gloom. I've set the dampening and rebound back to stock settings from the tables in the manual, and noticed a significant improvement in the handling and ride. The previous settings were over a full turn too soft. I'll look into running ecmspy from my phone, it's definitely more up to date than my laptop. Thanks for the reply.

Welcome!

I know Kaelin (forum member name) gets some of his work done in Northwest Dallas. I'm also in the North Dallas area.

I PMed you my number. Maybe we can ride sometime.

http://www.steveturnbull.co.uk/buell...xbhandling.htm

use the "aggressive settings" listed here... it will improve vastly over random or stock settings..

Quote Originally Posted by antchez View Post
    Welcome!

I know Kaelin (forum member name) gets some of his work done in Northwest Dallas. I'm also in the North Dallas area.

I PMed you my number. Maybe we can ride sometime.
    Sounds like a plan Ant. I'm in Lewisville.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloomshadow View Post
    http://www.steveturnbull.co.uk/buell...xbhandling.htm

use the "aggressive settings" listed here... it will improve vastly over random or stock settings..
    Thanks again Gloom.

Welcome bro, I'm new around here as well. Absolutely great looking bike, always loved the amber and black! Ur in good hands around here.........stay safe man

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast