Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting old really sucks!

Good luck Chickenstripin, all I can say is take the PT seriously, take the minimum of pills that you can stand, and you'll heal the fastest. Hang in there!

Good luck when you finally go through with it. Speedy recover and hope you get back to riding if you can.

in 2013 had major surgery twice. They had to remove 12" of my colon due to diverticulitis. 2012 my 28 year old daughter died of a drug overdose. In early 2014 my wife passed away with stage 4 cancer. Was ready to just say **** it and give up. Then I got a wild hair up my ass and bought Dean's 1125. Now I have a 22 yr old girlfriend (found a good one by the way, plenty hot enough for me and low maintenance), been promoted on my job, and averaging about 1k miles a month on the Buell. Life is good. Every uphill leads to a mountain top. Hang in there buddy.

mrlogix good man!

You guys are inspiring! I like the way this thread is going.
    Good talk. You know.
    I appreciate all the support and you guys sharing bits of your lives that make you who you are. An amazing bunch of guys.
    I'll be taking it one day at a time. What I have going on is nothing compared to what some of you guys have been through. The only thing I'm really worried about is having to go on disability. I hate crap like that. But you all know, you got to do what ya got to do....
    Again, thanks for all the responses and inspiration. Totally not what I expected!

I'm on meds now. They suck cause I can't touch any booze while I'm on them. Wife says that's a good thing!
    lol I just saw a glimpse of my future.

I'm not a fan of this stuff, if I can deal with it I will. Maybe it's bad enough though that you need the surgery. My father in law has a sv1000 and I think he's in his 60's and when we lived nearby we would ride together often. He has been a woodworker his whole life and has arthritis, carpel tunnel, etc. He tells me it's just easier to deal with it and that once you stop dealing with it it just escalates faster. I don't know, just one view point. I miss riding with him though since we now live 10 hrs apart...

My father also has some issues like this but with his back. He almost had surgery once but then backed out. He decided it was better to live with it than to "possibly" have less pain and have a guaranteed restricted range of movement. His issues were caused by a nice young lady texting and driving that rear ended him so hard the car in front of him hit the car in front of them. No insurance, of course. Guess who had to get an attorney to protect themselves from the person in front of them? That's the modern dip **** american way... (I think you get the point) lol. End rant.

Anyway, if you need the surgery get it and good luck.
    Last edited by snrusnak; 07-29-2015 at 12:19 AM.

make sure you stay in touch, have the other half type for you if you have the surgery.

My co-worker just got back from having both hands done. He was out like 6 weeks doing nothing! Recovery has been slow and he still doesn't have anywhere near 100% strength back... which is not great when you're a cabinet maker! Why don't you wait to have yours done in the off season when you're not riding as much, if at all? I would think riding would hurt until completely healed...

Quote Originally Posted by mrlogix View Post
    in 2013 had major surgery twice. They had to remove 12" of my colon due to diverticulitis. 2012 my 28 year old daughter died of a drug overdose. In early 2014 my wife passed away with stage 4 cancer. Was ready to just say **** it and give up. Then I got a wild hair up my ass and bought Dean's 1125. Now I have a 22 yr old girlfriend (found a good one by the way, plenty hot enough for me and low maintenance), been promoted on my job, and averaging about 1k miles a month on the Buell. Life is good. Every uphill leads to a mountain top. Hang in there buddy.
    WOW! I'm speechless! You're the man!

no, just a stubborn old jarhead that keeps on going. The good die young, but pricks live forever. My dad is 87 and a total asshole. LOL. Figure I got a long way to go yet. Except now it's on a Badass Buell, with a hot ass redhead behind me.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast