Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New to the Buell Family

New to the Buell Family

Well I have been wanting a "fun" toy for a bit and zeroed in on a lightning a little while ago. I picked up a 2006 XB12S with 2500 miles on Sunday. One owner who still had the original parts. Ya-hoo!!

It has a shortened tail (cut), Jardine pipe, removed the mirrors, and a few other things. It is in really nice shape. I have already started an list of things to do or look at; different grips/levers, Jardine mod to reduce inlet size, seat/frame raiser bracket, why are my thighs getting so hot (passenger cooling cover maybe?), is the fan supposed to be that loud, what about the fuel pump?, headlight mod, etc. I have already found a lot of good information in this forum and look forwards to more.

Rick
    Central PA
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome fellow PA Bueller!

Get a right side scoop to help with the heat. They work quite well. The fan and fuel pumps are loud on these bikes. If you need to replace the pump, I believe there's a Ford Mustang cross reference that you can get at your local parts store. There are threads on here about it, but you're probably OK. There's a wealth of knowledge on here. Everything you're asking has been covered in meticulous detail and lots of people always willing to help.

I'd also recommend some frame pucks. The frames on these bikes make them easy to total with the slightest damage. In addition, check out our site ( www.5-0dro.com ) for other crash protection and goodies for your new addiction!

Welcome and be safe!

You are missing a few parts, and your pasenger pegs are on the wrong side.

Missing pulley cover, and rider heel guards

Quote Originally Posted by AZmidget91 View Post
    You are missing a few parts, and your pasenger pegs are on the wrong side.

Missing pulley cover, and rider heel guards
    Looks like that "missing pulley cover" may ave been a "mod?" Looks unsafe to me! The 5-0dro pulley cover would be a nice addition...Just sayin'

looks more like a modified pulley cover to me

Both of these are worth the money. Your slider wiould look slightly different because the older engine.image.jpg

Yep, "modified" I was just looking at the pulley, didn't notice the piece still covering the wires.

nice.

just gotta get rid of that jardine now.

lol

Welcome to the insane asylum.

Jardine is cheap and the lightest by far. The weight savings is much greater than any minor HP gains you might get with another pointlessly more expensive pipe.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast