Thread: What material for Corbin Gunfigher (XB9SX) - Recommendations?

What material for Corbin Gunfigher (XB9SX) - Recommendations?

I see there are a number of different materials for the Corbin Seat and not sure which to get, but leaning toward Black Carbon Fiber. They also recommend vinyl for the side panels.

Before dropping >$333, anyone have recommendations?

Black Leather
    Black Carbon Fiber (leather or vinyl)
    Black Grabber

1) Carbon-Fiber leather, Black Genuine leather material with a nylon weave bonded to the outter surface to provide the look of Carbon Fiber. Provides excellent friction for sport riding and a look to match.
    2) CLASSIC leather, Black This genuine leather has an embossed basketweave look similar to that used as an accent on some H-D models. Great to coordinate with Roadking leather saddlebags.
    3) Black Leather We adopted this particular leather (called "Mercedes") back in 2003. Supple, yet extremely durable and colorfast. A clean and classic, traditional look. Natural texture.

Black Carbon Fiber
    Carbon Fiber Corbin.JPG

We dont get many corbin seats here in the uk but its really a personal choice ask 10 people for an opinion and you will probably get 10 different answers! can you google images of corbin seats or buell with corbin seat fitted and you should see some to get an idea or do corbin do fabric samples you can hold against your bike to see what suits it?

It's definitely personal preference but I prefer the black carbon fiber.

If you didn't bite the bullet and order one yet, I went with the Carbon Fiber seat panels with Asphalt vinyl for the sides. I feel it really works well with the bike. The asphalt plays well with the black matte found on the primary cover and the scoops.

20150601_131935.jpg

The seat looks great and really comfy as well.

Give me 80$ and I get you this one in any color.... Tank cover plus 40$
    IMG_5891.jpg