Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stock rear brake question S/SS compatible?

Yes, the longer hose would only be for an R as the reservoir is under the seat. I think the S's and SS/STT may use the same length but I'm not 100% sure on that. Luckily that hose is super easy to swap as needed. Willrotten, if you haven't pumped the MC at all you may be able to get away with swapping that reservoir and hose out, filling with fluid and with the cup higher up, shake the hose and MC to get any air to rise into the cup. You will be able to save yourself from bleeding the whole system.

the first sign of a problem would have been that it came off a Lightning going on a Firebolt... secondly, you're entitled to one blonde moment a week

I am blonde... It was late. I shouldn't have been messing with it but the part had been waiting on me for weeks. I had to leave the next day. I miss home.

I'm going to bleed it just in case I did pump the brake. What fluid do I use? I will google it, but if you're reading and don't mind replying. I'm a rider much more than a mechanic. My dad used to do most of the hard stuff for me. I mostly shined the light in his eyes.

DOT 4 brake fluid

Im in Stuart, FL for now. About 1.5 hours south of you. Let me know if I can help

Thank you shrstrmech and Cooter. You guys are great here. I bought a new nut for the battery and am inches away from having her up and running again. Now if it would only stop raining.

Yes DOT4, this is what I bled it with http://prestone.com/enca/node/440. I just want to clarify that I didn't know the reservoir on the firebolt was located in a different spot than the S/SS bikes. After you posted the picture of the hose lengths I did a google search and saw it is located under the seat area on the firebolt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12