Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Harley Ad, anything look familiar?

Harley Ad, anything look familiar?

A coworker got this ad today directly from harley. I noticed something really familiar about the brakes and wheels.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I suppose they do still own the rights to those don't they?

I think they do which is why the ebr bikes brakes are not "ztl" brakes.

It just struck me as very odd they'd have it on a bike that to me is trying to replace what they saw buell as.

Dont like the bike sorry but the wheels/brakes are the best bits! and at least we now have a future supply of those parts i guess?

Looks like an evolution of the XR1200 with the Buell perimeter front brake and wheels.

Interesting color scheme. Something about the fuel tank or rear fender doesn't quite look right to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ReadyXB View Post
    Something about the fuel tank or rear fender doesn't quite look right to me.

The tank looks like an old HD 'Mustang Style' tank. Not made for the mounting to match the frame. That is why it looks like it is angled downhill. The tail section is the wrong proportion in size to the tank that they used. Slapping together stuff from a parts bin. Some bean counter probably told them they are out of developement money and they had to source out of old stock to finish the design.

Aw, is Harley missing the business Buell brought in?

Looks like Buell Showa forks too....

http://www.raypricecustom.com/
    Over the past couple months, Harley-Davidson dealers across the US have been taking part in the Custom Kings Street Customization Contest to showcase the talents of dealerships, and factory trained technicians, in creating unique custom bikes.
    Everyone started with a new or used Harley-Davidson Street® 500 or 750 motorcycle and had a limited budget for any parts and accessories, and to make all the modifications. The bike build-off commenced in April, with just two months to take all the ideas and designs and put it all together. The winner will be announced in August.
    The forks even say "Buell" on them.
    Last edited by williegoat; 07-31-2015 at 09:55 PM.

wow, even their dealers know that they have to throw a little bit of 'Erik' at it if they want to win. Bet corporate sees the Buell label on the forks and pushes them aside for it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast