Thread: Big bore kits

Big bore kits

Anyone run any of the big bore kits for our bikes? Is there enough gain to justify the cost? The 88cu inch would be fun, but I kinda don't wanna pull and engine and have to have the case's ported

http://nrhsperformance.com. Big bore kit, stage 2 head work and cams is what I suggest. Best money I ever spent on my M2. Going to do the same on an XB12 I just bought too. No need to bore the case.

88cc kit is very difficult to tune for street use. The above suggestion is about what I did. 1250kit, cams head work, new tappets/lifters and pushrods. I don't think it's all that. But I haven't changed my injectors or my fuel regulator. And I have a basic race ECM. All that limits my gains.
    I'm pretty sure with an intake mod, good exhaust system and a custom tuned ECM you can produce 100hp at the rear wheel. You'll get A LOT more bang for your buck that way.
    And if you're not happy with that go for headwork and cams. If you're still not happy then go for the 1250 kit.
    That's just my opinion.
    Take it to the limit with what is easily available before diving into the motor.
    That's just my opinion.
    I went a little too crazy with my build when my crank failed.