Hi, new to the forum.

I have a 1999 X1 with a force winder and v&h muffler (and race flashed ECM) that was working great until it just started sputtering and dying one day. I've changed the O2, new gas and gas filter, oil change, etc... No joy in figuring it out. After a few weeks in the shop, no one can find what's wrong with it. Throws most CEL codes except for the ECM.

I got downloaded the ECM spy software, got the cable and database for my model ECM. Reset the TPS worked a bit, then slowly goes back to afu again - pops and backfires a lot, and then idle slower and slower until it dies. By the time I adjust the idle screw into the 1050ish zone, it dies. I reset the TPS again and it happens all over again.

I checked my map and swear it's the same as the base map that I downloaded from online (I did NOT upload into ECM). Maybe the dealer re flashed and didn't tell me...?

Do you think it's just in need of a reflash to a race map? I've tried to download a new map, but all links I find are dead or files that ECM spy doesn't recognize. Would appreciate a link if anyone has one.

Maybe needs a whole new ECM?

I'm getting pretty frustrated during prime riding months... Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!