Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's a fair price for dropped bike?

The stator and the fix for the stator seem fairly simple. An 1125 is a high revving, high performance motorcycle. Almost all bikes of this caliber have charging issues. Look through liter bike forums and you'll find threads similar to the ones on this site about stator and clutch repairs. I think the short life of liter bike stators has something to do with the small compact size of the charging system, the demand of said system and the heat generated by a motor the revs to 13k or 15k.
    I'm an xb guy and I wish I had the dough to pick up a cheap 1125r or CR. I'd jump at one of $2k! That's just ridiculous. And please I'm not trying to be offensive. One thing you have to take into consideration is the demographic you're dealing with. The fact is that the majority of the people that buy sport bikes have no clue what they are buying. They just know what is popular and what the spec sheet says. They know what they see in the magazines. It's rare you find someone that has a clue about what a Buell or EBR bike is.
    Hell, half the squids buying and selling sport bikes have not idea that the valves need to be adjusted at specific intervals, the coolant needs to be flushed, the forks have a rebuild intervals and so forth and so on.
    The market is filled with uninformed buyers.
    That's just my thoughts on the subject. You should as AT LEAST 4k for your bike and go from there.
    That's my 2 cents.

I agree with the guys, 2k is too low to sell that bike for. You can definitely do better! I was recently following the market for bikes before buying my X1, you should get a lot more than 2k. : )

Last edited by Yodes89; 08-07-2015 at 05:00 PM. Reason: My spelling sucks sometimes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12