Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: clutch cable leaking oil

it looks fine where does it end up?in the air box cover?

it looks fine where does it end up?in the air box cover?i bought a new cable and it doesnt have a o ring in the bag you have to buy that seperate?is thread sealer recomended on the clutch cable?

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman3577 View Post
    it looks fine where does it end up?in the air box cover?
    climbs vertically, thru the frame opening by the upper shock mount, is factory wire tied to top shock mount then continues down past the shock to atmosphere. if it is bent at a non-stock angle or wire-tied too tightly to the shock area it will cease from properly venting. here's a test but don't get stupid with alot of air pressure when doing same.....use common sense: remove primary chain inspection cover. it is at top center of your primary cover and held on by 2 torx screws. find the end of the vent hose. using a compressed air nozzle and no more than 20 psi or so of pressure put the nozzle end into the vent hose end and blow compressed air into same. if the vent hose is in good order you will hear and feel a light amount of air coming out of the inspection cover. if not you have a problem.

that is a good way to check that thank you will do that in ten 20 lbs il hear it thank you i will tell you the out come you know your buells you have helped me in the past i appreciate your knowledge

the air trick worked perfect the vent is clear/must be the cable or threads thank you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12