Thread: Front brake wobble/virbrating when braking?

Front brake wobble/virbrating when braking?

Is it common for the front brake to wobble/vibrate when braking? I have a 05 XB12s and when i use the front brake it vibrates a little when I am breaking.. Is this something that is fixable or this is common thing?

Not common. You either have a warped rotor or the pads were bedded wrong.

Try new pads if you need them and take the rotor to a machine shop. They can accurately check for run-out.

Thanks, will try that!

Try de-glazing your rotor. My 2004 has a 'pulse' pretty bad at very low speed when I used the front brake. I used some sand paper (non-silica) and scuffed up the rotor to remove brake pad material from it. Then cleaned the rotors with some brake cleaner to get rid of any residual from the sand paper. It got rid of 85% of the pulsing. I have also read that people use 3M pads to do it. It is a pretty easy and cheap fix to try.

I finally got some Lyndall Gold front brake pads and it has eliminated 98% of the pulsing. But I don't care for the way it feels compared to my older brake pads. I am going to put a few more miles on it to try and see if I can get use to the feel.

Inactive
    good info from yellowcarbon and cooter as usual. you can also remove the rotor and glass-bead it in a cabinet if you have access to same....then rub out with heavy grit paper...then clean...then reinstall. make sure all rotor mounting hardware is lightly lubed and correctly placed on the rotor to wheel contact points. incorrectly installed hardware will cause major problems. you can also have local machine shop run a "ball-mill" over the rotor to true it.