Thread: Uly Suspension Upgrades?

Uly Suspension Upgrades?

Anybody upgraded their forks and or rear shock?
    Been researching a lot for my 07 Tiger which has a very weak suspension and I have already replaced the rear shock with a Wilbers 640.
    I believe the Uly fork uses a damping rod only, which I think can be improved with a cartridge emulator? or a cartridge added to the fork?....
    Has anyone made ULY suspension upgrades or know if the rear shock has a shim stack? Since moving to Royse City TX I have really appreciated the Uly suspension, as I have bottomed out the Tiger several times and it handles like a drooling toddler standing on a squishy ball to reach the cookie jar. I have a feeling after I get the Tiger dialed in I will probably be looking to make the ULY handle better.

I read that the 2006 Uly fork springs should be replaced with 2007 or later springs to stop the dive.

Yes, thanks. In an 09 Uly the forks & springs are doing well stock. I am interested though in getting a hyperpro progressive rear spring for 2 up riding, I think that would be all that would be needed to haul 420lbs 2 up.