Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buell 1125cr tail mod

that should fit for what I've read and my first idea was to fit the complete ebr tailsection, but it is not available in Holland and I would have to buy all kinds of new parts, which would be too expensive. and finally, the thing that really made me change my mind after putting the parts in photoshop, is that the ebr tailsection with the very limited amount of bodywork is just to thin in relation to the volume of the tank and side scopes, which makes it look out of balance. But that is just my opinion��

ok, just got my first learning moment which I would like to share with you guys;

"If you use photoshop to decide which parts to cut, ALWAYS make a rendering of BOTH sides of your bike!"

As mentioned earlier in this topic, the subframe of the 1125 is asymmetrical with regards to the mounting points, which can be seen in the next photo.

As you can see the upper mounting point is visible which was not what I had in mind. I could have made a different cut on this side of the bike so the mounting point would have remained hidden, but that would have interferred with the line with sidepod.

after looking at it for some time now, I have decided that it doesn't bother me that much. It is still a Buell ��

If you paint the subframe black it will blend in a lot more.
    It's one of those things no one else will really notice until you point it out.
    Besides this, I think it looks good.
    How are you doing the undertail? Fiberglass? Sheet metal?

I want to make the undertray from aluminium sheet and bend it near the shock so it can be attached to the original mounting point below the seat.
    Last edited by bikeryoke; 08-14-2015 at 10:13 AM.

Maybe just paint the upper mount black? I like the exposed lower, heck I'd even polish it

There are pre-impregnated (snicker) pieces of carbon fiber you can buy, Shape it, bake it, and join the cool guy club.
    http://www.acpsales.com/Prepregs.htm...ziYaAnap8P8HAQ

You are going to make me hack up my perfectly good CR and I'll just be a copycat

When I did my tail hack,on my xb, I used a tailsection off eBay that was already trashed. Cost me $35 bucks and I hack off the area with all the road rash anyway.
    The subframe you'll definitely want a donor.
    Cool thing about using eBay parts is you have your originals whenever you want to go back to stock.

Ya, but I want to make it white anyway

ok guys, I realize I have been quiet a bit and for sure a lot more time has passed than I had expected, but the work is done and the project has been completed! ��

Tomorrow I will upload some photos and I'm very curious to hear what you all think.

ten f*cking letters

Talk about a bike tease!
    Sheesh

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast