Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Meet the New Owner of EBR

They need to put out the AX right away (with ABS of course), and call it the Phoenix.

They need to bore out to 1300 cc and release and air cooled with 95lbs of torque and 120hp.

^^ this. ten ****ing letters

Ayup, he is.

Glad to know I can use you as a reference ol' buddy ol' pal. lmao.
    That is if you can put the welder down and take a break from making your overpriced exhausts. LMFAO...

Bruce seems like a stand-up dude.......seems like the kinda guy that would say.....hey guys, maybe in a couple of months when the dust settles you guys can all ride your buells to my plant and check it out, shake some hands and get to know you guys.........hint hint. We'll take ya out to breakfast or lunch Bruce on us!!!!!!

Inactive
    ladies and gentlemen: temper your enthusiasm here and come back down to earth. this is not going to be what you think it is going to be....or what you want it to be. two years ago when buell motorcycles was resurrected and became EBR....and we all know the history of that....i posted a well-intended comment on here stating in essence that i would be highly surprised if this buell/hero marriage lasted thru the end of the decade. why? because the indians are very fickle, highly unpredictable, and extreme tight-wads when it comes to business practices among other things. i took one hell of a keyboard lashing over my comment but how prophetic it sadly was indeed. this latest buell "marriage" is NOT going to result in the production of an affordable cruiser, standard, sportbike, dual-sport, dirt-bike, racer replica, touring bike, or God forbid quasi-chopper. notice i said affordable! they will be looking at possibly building what i call a boutique-bike along the lines of a kawasaki H2R. why? simply put they cannot and will not compete in an already saturated market completely dominated by established players offering their wares worldwide. expect to see something along the lines of a "hyper-bike" in the $30,000 and up price-range. i will guarantee board members that even if this figure is somewhat off the mark....that this offering will be well above and beyond the affordability of 99.99% of board members. IMO

At this point we are all happy EBR will be back in business and looking forward to what's to come from it. we can speculate all we want, what comes from the man himself or a credible source within the company as to where they are going and what will or will not be built and sold at what price remains unknown to all of us 'til such words are spoken.
    my two cents, they company would flourish world wide bringing the prices down to earth for the average Joe....just consider for instance Yamaha introduced the FZ-09 and it's been a very, very good thing for them. And yes, I know the issues that came with the bike, I own a 2015 FZ-09....with the factory ecu flash and adjusting the stock suspension it's fine right now for me and will improve on it in the future, shortly...

Hopefully you're wrong, but time will tell.

I'm hopeful that with the existing tooling and parts r&d, that the sx comes back online and starts to get refined. When Harley shuttered Buell, they were generating strong net profit selling $10000 bikes.

yeah, I was saying earlier that because they lack a dedicated dealer network that they can always do what Confederate is doing, just a sport bike version... but there is no telling. Its possible that they could mend bridges with the dealers that they had but I think it would take time... and I don't think they could do it with the 1190, I think that ship sailed already.

I think the Hyperbike idea would be a way to go but I also think they shouldn't put all the eggs into one basket. They got a pretty big factory that I think they should put to use. You can only sell so many boutique bikes before the customers dry up. Rest of the time they should be making something else. I mean they could make something that was dirt cheap and cool, and just sell it over the internet like the Chinese scooter companies do.. the Millennials eat that stuff up. I was reading up on how this new Millennial generation thinks and how hard it is to sell motorcycles and cars to them. Imagine if they made something like a Honda Grom but it looked like a XB or something. Its bare bones and like 3-4 grand new, they deliver it to your door, you take it out and thrash it or ride it to school or work ect, its 125cc and any motorcycle shop can fix it... then you buy 250cc maybe 350cc kits and hot rod it up over time. As long as it was cool and reliable, it could carve out a name for itself... become a cult bike maybe.

Lunatic- your concerns are well founded and made in the wisdom of seeing this from a business perspective.

I would like to start a new thread. Belfer has made it to the AF1 forum and to BadWeb so far. I think he will make it to here next. All the concerns and ideas of what the business model should be will be the next thread. This will probably be our only chance of communicating what 'the faithful' (as he has referred to us Buelligans on the other sites) would like to see happen. May not have any affect, but maybe it will. Form his statements for the press so far and his posts on the other sites, he is proud of being an American. He believes in hard work and he has proven himself as a business man. I would like to have hope for the path from here. Can't hurt. I am sure he has a plan in mind, but us posting our two cents with the possibility that it could have some effect can't hurt, and it is kind of like voting. If you didn't try, you have no right to bitch at the outcome.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast