Thread: Quiet exhaust

Question Quiet exhaust

This isn't my bike...it belongs to my wife's best friend, and the low-seat Blast fits that tiny woman like it was custom-built for her.

First, an unnecessarily-long intro: it's a "neon-yellow" (her words) 2008, I think an ex-Rider's Edge bike. Got it cheap over the winter, my uncle offered to fix whatever was wrong with it. (I think he was bored.) He did the usual fixes (homemade super boot, new fuel lines, replaced the rock-hard Dunlops with Avon Viper Strikes, tension primary chain, flush the brake fluid, replace the missing mirrors), and replaced the (damaged, probably while loading into a truck) stock exhaust with a Vance & Hines (used off CL) and rejetted the carb appropriately.

She loves the bike, but there is one problem: that V&H exhaust is LOUD. I mean REALLY loud. I mean loud enough that she's a little embarrassed to take the bike into the parking garage at work.

So...other than a stocker, does anyone have an exhaust for a Blast that is quiet? It doesn't have to be silent, but it would be nice to be able to climb a parking-garage ramp without having everyone walking through the garage cover their ears. A home-built solution is fine, as long as it works.
    Last edited by Jarlaxle; 08-09-2015 at 02:53 PM.

could try a quiet insert? I have an 03 with the jardine rt-one and its also insanely loud but there are some quiet inserts or something i thought that could help is metal wool packing stuffed in there.

The V&H is the quietest available without being stock.

It's really not that loud.

Yes, I have one.

Unfortunately, it is...especially in a parking garage. Never having ridden it with the stock pipe, how much power is the V&H worth? Granted, she is very light (probably about 100lbs in her riding gear), but with the V&H, the bike moves pretty well and will top out past 100.

It won't top out past 100mph, sorry, the rev limiter keeps it at 96mph.

However, a stock pipe will still allow it to reach that top speed, just not quite as quickly due to smaller header diameter and added weight. It'll still be fun, just a little bit more sluggish.