Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr. Belfer,

A good owner listens to the riders that built the brand. I'm listening.

Obviously, I can't hang out online often, but I do read and do hear and do appreciate you. More good news to come.

"Pics or it didn't happen", eh?

bikes.jpg

ten f***cking letters. Will fill you in on the 10 letter thing later.

An owner who actually listens and reads.... Call me an optimist but I see great things in the future for EBR. Can't wait to see what the future holds.

Hi Bruce,

Sounds Great! As mentioned earlier we who own XB’s, (I have two) are a little concerned about the parts situation as the bikes age and HD no longer supports Buell.

It would be nice if in the next couple years EBR could set up a separate profit center selling those parts, (the original Buell owners would love you to death).

Only the best as you move forward. When the Adventure Bike comes out I may even trade my two TT’s in for one.

MMcN

Yeah I have two XB's also.. and there are a lot of XBs still in pretty good condition falling into the hands of younger riders (a lot of us are getting long in the tooth around here) each one serves as a rolling advertisement for EBR.. I woudnt sell either of my XBs, they are in the stable to stay. If a crate motor kit came my way I would buy one of them instantly the other one I would have to think about it because I love my 1203 ... If it was a kit with EBR badges and maybe some new plastics I would jump on it. Uprated S tails and even R tails with different subframes that would all be cool. Anything to keep an XB "in the game" I would be up for it. The bike itself came out during a time when nakeds weren't in style , now that they are in style, the XB is actually cooler NOW than it was when it first came out. A XB is kinda like owning a Monster or a Sportster, if it 'speaks to you", you tend to keep it and keep buying cool stuff for it. Even if a crate motor came out, I would still keep my old XB motor... the Thunderstorm motor is actually a real good street motor, not refined but hell, that's one of its strengths in a way..
    Im thinking that support of the XB and the 1125s could be a instant cash flow, we cant get solid front rotor mounts and little things like that anymore. Plug and play digital instrument clusters would be cool.. there are just a lot of little things that we would be interested in.

Holy hell this guy is everywhere on the internet lol.

Nice to see you here Bruce Welcome to Buellxb.com, the online heart and soul of the Buell family.

I feel the best place to start with supporting the XB's is to develop the next generation, then work back from there. Make the 2nd gen bike as integrated into the 1st gen as possible. You can make replacement parts without directly making replacement parts if you get what I mean here.

If I'm not mistaken though, HD still owns the rights to a lot of the XB stuff until later this coming year. By the time HD is timed out, hopefully EBR will be on it's good feet and off to a run. If the stars did so align, picking up the pieces to support the past generation of Buell riders could secure the future of the company. And I don't just mean the XB's here, lets not forget about the tubers. Beautiful bikes in their own right.

EBR already has an estabelished world class superbike, now they need a solid mid-level bike. Which is exactly where the 2nd gen XB comes in. Maybe even go back to the roots and offer an optional turbo model perhaps? Or even re-introduce a form of the 1125 as a sport touring model? So many different directions and opportunities to take here!

The next big thing up, or already here, is the dual sport and cafe racer crowd. Maybe even getting in on the dirt crowd would gain some momentum.

So many options.

ten f***cking letters.
    Is that actually catching on? Is it a thing now? Lol

everything said has been pretty good ideas for the coming years but I think what EBR will do for now is get back to racing the 1190 and doing what they can to sell off what they have made already and supporting the 1190 customers. Those guys HAVE to be at the "front of the line" considering the coin that they dropped for the 1190.. and if you want them out there racing you gotta support them. If the racing efforts show good results, EBR is going to get the support it needs from other outfits and banks so they can have the pull they need to make stuff for us...

BUT YEAH.. a 2nd Gen XB.. that same XB frame with a liquid cooled V-twin, 6-speed.. belt or chain final (your choice or BOTH ha ha) then we can buy 2nd Gen parts as upgrades, whole crate motors, subframes, body parts ANYTHING we want to bolt on to our XBs, we can just order it.. **** that would be awesome.. a totally modular system. "The AR-15 of American motorcycles"

EBR could just run TWO FRAMES.. a 1190 frame for the bigger bikes and a XB frame for small size bikes with that wild short wheelbase.. that would be kickass

but yeah, with a 2nd gen XB, guys that wanted the new motor could phase the Thunderstorm out of their XBs and guys who want to keep the Thunderstorm motor already have an aftermarket for that motor..
    Last edited by Gloomshadow; 08-10-2015 at 09:34 PM.

Exactly. Buell kind of touched the tip of the "modular" iceberg years ago with the xb series.

But just the tip. Lol

hell yeah, that's one of the things that made the XB so kickass.. you could make any bike you wanted. "It aint broke-- DONT FIX IT!" I say just keep going with it.. now that Harley is gone, put a liquid cooled motor into that same bike and modernize some of the features and styling and that thing will sell.. and on a bike with that little wheelbase you don't need 190 horse... 100-110 to the ground would be wild as hell. "Street focus man, STREET FOCUS" HAHAH

when you think about .. I see more XBs on the road then 1125s and 1190s combined.. the XB could be evolved into the 1911 .45 or AR-15 of the motorcycle world. EBR/Buell version of the Harley Sportster but in this case, different motor selections... the XB frame is competent enough to just be a "EBR standard" platform for middleweights... AND THOSE SAME WHEELS TOO... I love the stock XB wheels or 1190 wheels whatever is easiest or more economical.
    Last edited by Gloomshadow; 08-10-2015 at 10:35 PM.

A Norton and a '67 Chevy pickup! Bruce, I believe you are the real thing. Welcome

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast