Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr. Belfer,

"game on"!!!

"game on"!!!
    I really hope it is! I havent been on this forum in months. Been busy with boat problems ( i know first world problems right!!). But anyways just reading the latest threads involving Bruce, i am more optimistic than i have been for quite some time. And Bruce, if you really are listening, we're so ready for the "AX". My observations/ opinions may be wrong, but i see the Dual Sport/ Sport tour market as the fastest growing sect of motorcycling today. Uly's are truly do-it-all bikes excluding their inherent flaws from being a high compression air cooled performance engine powered bike. A slightly(very slightly) detuned 1190rx power plant that would be happy in any environment (especially SH&TY ones) would be a god send in a chassis/ platform similar to the Ulysses!

I was ready to get an RX and decided not to because of the possible problems with parts. I might just have to rethink that.

How about a new tuber model ...

anyways, very to happy to hear the news Bruce, and cant wait to see how things shape up for you and Erik... I was heart broken when i heard about EBR in april. Before, during, and after test riding 2 SX's and an RX, I kept saying this is my next bike purchase.... then i heard the news. Hope to have one in the stable in the near future to ride, enjoy, and support EBR!

Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by pur pony View Post
    How about a new tuber model ...
    A "tuber style" kit for Sportster or Evo/S&S motor would really be something!

yeah its like Buells have spent so long in the "custom cult bike" realm that it has become part of the brands identity.. putting out cool "update kits" and parts on a limited, trial basis could be a way of making quick cash .. the Italians really seem to be into tubers.. I have seen more than one X1 that was to die for that was fabbed in Italy.

Its a different breed around here.. most of us aren't afraid to do our own work... you could just put out a frame and a new swingarm and youll have guys that will want it as long as it does something or looks badass. hahah
    Last edited by Gloomshadow; 08-11-2015 at 03:55 AM.

Please build us a middleweight platform similar to the 1190, but in the 650-800 cc range. Price it near $10k with adequate suspension and you'll sell them like crazy! Basically, an American Suzuki SV upgrade. The light weight twin club racing scene is enormous, and a lot of amateur racers would jump at a replacement for their aging SV or Ninja 650.

^^^
    What he said

I dunno.. the more I look at it the more it seems like selling motorcycles is a tough business nowadays with the economy the way it is and the way the younger generations are. Only thing that's selling like crazy for them are iphones and xbox. The 1190 is a great bike and it didn't exactly 'FLY OUT OF THE SHOWROOM" .. I think EBR is going to have to be able to think on its feet, instead of following motorcycle trends its going to have to SET ITS OWN TREND whatever that may be. I think the modular idea and selling performance kits for the older bikes may be one aspect of it that they have to look at.. then maybe something completely different, something that a IPhone addict might like , like a "Slingshot" but it is electric with a USB port in the steering wheel and a built-in Xbox... you know, something out of "Idiocracy". You know, something that doesn't make noise, doesn't vibrate, has only one control and takes no skill to pilot by a person with the attention span of a gnat. That's what EBR should make if it wants to be successful. A solar powered skateboard with muffler and cats with a big rubber dong sticking up out of the top of it... and a USB port.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloomshadow View Post
    A solar powered skateboard with muffler and cats with a big rubber dong sticking up out of the top of it... and a USB port.
    Somehow I would like to think bike thieves would move along in a parking lot if they saw this.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast