Thread: Still havin clutch slip

Hybrid View

Still havin clutch slip

I've posted before about clutch slipping after replacing all of my clutch plates. DP clutches Kevlar frictions and steels. Now I've replaced my diaphragm spring with rivero primo, and I've been using 20 50 synthetic Mobil 1 v twin and it's still slipping when it gets warm. It's an 03 xb9s with an 05 1204cc engine. I'm at my wits end with this thing. I need some answers if anyone can help.

This might be a really dumb question, but you have everything adjusted correctly on the clutch and cable? With all new plates and spring im not sure what it could be. Unless the fluid level is off. Maybe too much oil in the primary? Also, dont the 12s have a weird spring plate that goes on the clutch hub that doesnt come with aftermarket kits?

There should be one spring plate, a spring plate seat and a narrow friction plate at the base of the clutch hub. After all that is installed the 7 steel and friction plates get installed. The narrow spring plate has to be oriented A specific way. Check out the diagram in this old thread. It's the best I could find.
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthr...r-measurements
    I have read of people omitting these plates by adding an extra steel plate and friction plate. But I'm not 100% on that.
    Anyway, if you know you did your install correct and adjusted everything correctly, are you using the fluid the clutch company recommends? I know some after market companies require a specific fluid.
    I run my xb12 pretty hard. And from my experience my clutch would slip ever so slightly when I used synthetics in the primary. I switched to formula plus and haven't had any issues since. This might not be the case for everyone but it's what I experienced.
    Good luck
    Last edited by Chicknstripn; 08-11-2015 at 03:59 PM.