Thread: ECMspy tuning help

ECMspy tuning help

So i have an 07 xb12 with d&d pipes and open airbox, i'm no tuning wizard but i read everything and understand how it works. I took a download file someone on here made for an 09 with the same mods, hoping it would give me a good start, and the thing is way off. See the picture of the fuel tables below, my current one i used from the download on the left, and the one on the right is for a micron for comparison (I think from the ecmspy creator, not sure if airbox is modded)

After riding around trying to keep it in closed loop, i came back to the garage at 86 AFV. It idled ok but then gave it a little gas and it would struggle and stall, with a poof of smoke out the intake, so in other words does not run well.

My question, what is the best way to approach this? Lean out every cell a couple points? 10 points on the problematic areas? How do these tables look, is it really as rich as it appears?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mikek2111987
    I took a download file someone on here made for an 09 with the same mods, hoping it would give me a good start, and the thing is way off.
    I assume "09" means XB9 and not 2009?

The best way to correct this on your own will be to log data on your specific bike and make adjustments based on that; otherwise, you will be chasing the wind. The ECM can alter AFV based on any cell in the Closed Loop Learn region that doesn't meet a 14.7 AFR. It's a many-to-one problem. You'll go take a ride, look at AFV and see that it's off, but how will you know which cell in the CLL area needs adjusting? You also need data from an O2 sensor in the front header to properly adjust your map.

Probably not the advice you wanted!

I need help to I'm new to the Buell's and I don't want to screw my ecm up. Wish it was carbureted I would have no problem's. I have the ecmspy and cable just need help or a walk through to get it tuned. I have a modified air box, k&n and jardon slip on and reroute.

Quote Originally Posted by Buelly12R View Post
    I need help to I'm new to the Buell's and I don't want to screw my ecm up. Wish it was carbureted I would have no problem's. I have the ecmspy and cable just need help or a walk through to get it tuned. I have a modified air box, k&n and jardon slip on and reroute.
    There are a couple maps out there that are almost exactly like that, I'd run one off those and see how your bike likes it. If it doesn't, put a race map in it and go from there.

highly suggest uploading your current map BEFORE making any mods and saving it with a unique name. If all else fails you can reload that and be where you started. Just my .02