Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clutch bleeding issues...

I like the reasoning and won't discount it as being a possible contributor in my case. Any thoughts on the master cylinder parts assembly?

The volumetric displacment achieved by leaving it out to increase piston travel will be minimal

He was referencing the brake master which uses a different retaining clip than the clutch, mistake happen

Thanks for the catch Crash The logic still applies just substituting the caliper instead of the clutch cylinder. Both are technically cylinders, just with different work being performed by the hydraulics. Didn't mean to be confusing. Was listening (had to appear like I was) to the ol' lady while typing.

^^ LMFAO, exactly what was happening

Yeah - that was my mistake. I saw the diagram thinking it was the clutch. On the other hand, both masters perform the same function - displace fluid to cause movement. Not sure why the design (washer versus no washer) is different.

Thanks guys!

could be like crash said brake master which uses a different retaining clip than the clutch

The clip is definitely different according to the diagram. I wonder if the one from the brake master could be used in the clutch with no adverse effects. Of course as you mentioned, the difference in displaced fluid is essentially nil.

I would say it would depend on the contact area of the retaining clip with the surface that it stops on in the MC. The washer would help distribute the force evenly around the retaining clip. Use your best judgement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12