Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Top speed?

Top speed?

What is everyone getting for a top speed on an XB9S? I took mine out today and only got to 105, 115 if i tucked in. It seemed like once I got to 100, I had fueling issues. At about 7/8 throttle it seemed to be ok but once I went to full throttle it slowed down or didnt accelerate any more. Im only 220lbs so I dont know if that has anything to do with it? It has a jardine recently repacked and a K&N with a race map on it. Maybe its a fuel pump issue...

Do you have emcspy or tunepro?

I do have ECM spy

If it was a fueling issue youd have noticable issues in a specific rpm range not a top speed issue exactly.
    Check your clutch adjustment might be slipping.

Well it seems like intermittenly I have stumbling at the top of the RPM range. I usually notice it in first gear as I get on it pulling away from a light or something. When it happens its pretty noticeable.

Clutch is all good and adjusted

waiting for readyXB to chime in. He knows the XB's and tuning way better than I do.

sorry crash, just noticed your post. CJ your in good hands. Crash does good diagnostics and definitely knows the 9's and 12's.
    Last edited by mrlogix; 08-16-2015 at 01:37 AM. Reason: because I am a dumbass

Im usually proficient with bikes. Tuning, not my forte. But I could split your case for ya lol

Why ya gotta put me on the spot like that?
    Anyways, need a bit more info, abiut its performance, and miss fires, pinging, ect?
    100 and what ever moh according to your speedo or something else? Also stop doing those speeds unless your on a track.
    Next if you have ecmspy or tuner pro, id like to know what your AFV is at. If not, well get it. Cause diagnosis requires tools and i cant just guess and hope for the best, a lot of things could creat issues where power isnt being made. And hate to break it to you, 220 isnt a small guy, its gonna hurt your top speed with air resistance and power

It feels likes its missing right around 6500 rpm and it only does it sometimes. Ill run out to the garage quick and see what my AFV is at.

Oh come on! at 6'1 thats a pretty average weight I feel! And I believe before I could go faster than 105. And thats as indicated by the speedo. So like 95 in real life I suppose? A god damn Ford Flex was keeping up with me on the interstate. Also the speed limit here is 80, so im not be TOO rediculous.
    \

Edit: My AFV is at 105.7
    Last edited by cjanderson_90; 08-16-2015 at 05:44 AM.

my gauge said i was doing 130 about a hour ago. but we all know that the gauge isnt accurate.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast