Thread: Anyone here around Washington D.C./Northern VA area?

Anyone here around Washington D.C./Northern VA area?

Hi everyone, my first post on these boards.
    Been riding since middle school, went through a lot of bikes. Currently ride a Honda NT650 Hawk GT and a Honda VF750CD Magna, as well as racing an NSR50 and XR100 in MiniGP.

I've always liked the XBs since I saw them first many years ago. Everyone around me recommended against it, so I never bothered throwing a leg over. Slowly I realized none of those guys have ever been on an XB before and most of the guys who have, love it. It is totally up my alley; a quirky, punk looking bike with a lot of personality. A unique, high tech chassis and peripherals to make up for the mediocore motor. (It is actually similar to my hawk in that sense)

I need to make a decision on which bike to sell, and I can't do that until I finally get to ride one. I was wondering if anyone was interested in swapping bikes for 30 mins or so? I'll bring out whatever you'd like me to bring. I am pretty gentle on public roads, especially on a bike that isn't mine.

Would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

I am in the NOVA area around Ashburn and ride a 2009 xb12r, that I have been toying with the idea of letting go. Where are you located?

I'm in Ashburn as well. 04 XB12s

There are a few local. I was just in DC last week on business. I took the long way home to Ohio andwent over Shenandoah and through the mountains. I love that part of the country.

And welcome to buellxb.com and the wild world of buell!

Freakin' noobs. Geez.

Thanks guys. I'm really on the lookout for a 9, but I'd love to throw my leg over any XB. I still need to sell one of my bikes. Probably going to be the NT, even though that breaks my heart since I put in so much work into it and I'll never find another one in that condition, but it makes no sense having two sportbikes.

BTW, don't mean to plug but I'm a part of a fun, chill group called DC-Moto if you guys wanna check it out. Meets every Wednesday at Rhodeside grill.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/dcmoto/

Quote Originally Posted by Turboph1sh View Post
    I am in the NOVA area around Ashburn and ride a 2009 xb12r, that I have been toying with the idea of letting go. Where are you located?
    I'm in Arlington