, gravel, experience, off-road, types" /> Off-road tires for Buell Ulysses - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Off-road tires for Buell Ulysses

pyrelli scorpion syns on my bike. much better than stock tire on dirt, but not a 60/40 tire. I can still fly through the corners on pavement and I do most my riding there so they are great for me.

I put togeather a youtube video when riding with my new scorpions. not a great video but shows that I had to slow down for some of the corners, it was still pretty easy to break the back end loose and slide around. here is a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiqba-1OSeI

wbedient, did you put Scorpion Syncs on your bike? That is what came on my 09, hug the corners great on pavemet, scraped the footpegs Thursday, but haven't been in the dirt to much. Waiting to get back to the states for some of that.

Dustraiser - give it up on the tires! What are they?

Knobbies now outfit the Uly, a 4.60/17 Kenda K270 and a 150/17 Pirelli Rally rear. Looks crazy mean, the 4.60 front added some much needed diameter over stock and still just barely left enough clearance to leave the factory fender and chin fairing on! It would be great if this was the first Buell and/or American made bike to make the WABDR! I'm leaving to make the ride on 8/31/12. I'll start a new thread on this experience since I couldn't find any modern threads that solved the offroad tire issue.

-Chad

These are coming out soon:

Continental TKC 80 for the Uly

TKC80'S

The first Buell to complete a BDR! 600 miles of offroad from Oregon across Washington to Canada!
    I finally got my vid done of my Buell WABDR (Washington state Back Country Disovery Route). This vid was broken up for all the guys on the trip. I'm still working on a version with much better footage highlighting just the Buell. Enjoy!!! Click on the link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVZND9VpRUc

I know the most recent post in this thread is over a year old, but here it goes -

TKC is a bit pricey (for me) and looking at other options.

I have the Kenda 270s on my DRZ wondering how did the 4.60/17 Kenda K270 and a 150/17 Pirelli Rally work out?

The Kenda is a tube type tire. Was a tube used? Any issues?

How well does the 150 work on the rear? Any issues with the bead on the WIDE rim???

thanks in advance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12