, thing, higher, making, drilled, taint, rotor, drilling, better, pressure, means, shunt, extra, shunted, ground, electricity, working, overheat, battery, light, problems, great, coming, likes, parts, replaced, makes" /> 09 CR runs great, no problems but battery light is coming on now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 09 CR runs great, no problems but battery light is coming on now

09 CR runs great, no problems but battery light is coming on now

ive only put a couple hundred miles on it {gimme a break I just got it a few days ago} havent plugged it in or anything...was sitting at a construction road block and the battery light came on, strarted riding....it went off. happened once more that day and havent noticed it since then...although its only been a couple hours. planning a 2500 plus mile trip and want stuff to be right and tight....any suggestions? or what to look at? i know clutch weep was fixed....unsure about stator

I'm no 1125 expert but from what I've read it sounds like the stator. If it is the stator I believe your voltage regulator will be on it's way out next.
    Don't take my word for it though. I'm an xb guy.
    Hopefully someone with knowledge of how to test your charging system will chime in.
    Good luck

You need to pull the seat off and look for the infamous "1125 harley charging fix"
    take a peek at this video it shows what im talking about
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBYEYGJfyBw

Do you know if the bike has a oiling rotor etc?

Where did you buy it?

Bought it from a guy in Jersey, private sale. Had just under 10k on it...now it has just over and I love the bike....just don't want it to take a **** far from home

After checking for the HD bandaid that Cosworth gave you a link to, start with checking battery terminals to make sure they are tight, they can loosen with vibration. Then check grounds if they are clean and tight. If all checks good, get a multimeter and verify that stator is outputting 45-55 volts AC, repeat, AC Voltage. If that checks good, inspect the connector terminals for corrosion. Then we can go on to check the VR.

I got the same problem. I just changed the stator, the regulator and the battery... I drill the rotor for a better oil circulation. But when i get stock in trafic, bike get hot voltage go down and the battery light go on when idle! Don't know what to do next??? Some body have any ideal?
    Last edited by Abagahal; 08-28-2015 at 01:00 AM.

instead of changing a bunch of parts, perform the tests posted above. You could have just spent a bunch of money for something simple to fix. Go to buellmods.com and download the service manual and the electrical manual for free and perform the diagnostics.

Hey.....really appreciate all the great advice. Now I have somewhere to start.

After my stator burnded a change everything; stator, regulator and battery. but still have the light on when the bike was hot and iUndo the Harley fix! it worked for me. Now no more battery light on and 13V+.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast