Thread: Should I sell? 05 XB12SCG w/ 240 Kit

Unhappy Should I sell? 05 XB12SCG w/ 240 Kit

Whats up guys! I haven't been on here in foooor evvver. Site has changed quite a bit. Anyways, I'm not as gung ho about riding as I used to be, I really never thought I'd say that! I'm more into my k04 swap on my car right now and trying to have a kid so I could use some extra money. I'm wondering if what I could get for my bike would be worth it or if I should just keep it?? I still ride it to work 3-4 days a week (only a 5 mile commute and during riding season) but don't do any long weekend cruises.

What do you guys think I should ask if I sell?

2005 XB12 SCG
    All carbon fiber plastics (plasti dipped them white this spring for protection)
    16k Miles
    Replaced stator & rectifier
    EBR RACE ECM
    Special Ops Exhaust
    K&N Filter
    FAT 300 Custom Cycles 240 Rear tire kit
    Select Seat
    Bar End Mirros
    6K 50W HID in high beam
    6K 35W Projector HID in low beam
    Ugraded kick stand as the original fell off when I was riding.
    Carbon Fiber Scoops
    Sub Frame Spacers
    LED Tail Light (not xblights )
    Garage Kept and/or covered

Box of extra parts:
    2nd carbon fiber air box
    Full Cheese Grater tail (to pass inspection)
    couple sets of grips
    Tail Light
    New Fuel Pump I never installed (old one works fine, but doesn't stop priming so I wanted to replace)
    Case of AMSOIL & Filter
    Stock ECM (has a real torquey tune, but doesnt pull as hard up top as the EBR ECM)

Don't know why my post had a sad face in the title, sorry about that.

Does the chain rub the tire? Or is that just some funny wear on the right side?

it did when we first installed the kit. But it's been adjusted since and hasn't rubbed in a while now. you can read about it in the 240mm tire thread on here, most 240 guys with that kit had the same issue.

240 tire well what's the book on it? I know you spent a decent penny on the 240 kit.

only you can really answer the question to sell or not. I'm attached to mine, however it's being sold and after just over 9 yrs felt it was time to move onto something new. Buell motorcycles will always be part of me regardless if I own one now or not. another may be in the future, hoping it will be an EBR though. best wishes however you decide...

@brock I think it was like $2k, i didn't have my wheel widened, i got the new 2010 style wheel with the upgraded bearings etc. that came 240mm from the factory.

@thrstrmech I hear ya, I think just posting it up to see it helped me decide, I'll probably list it in the next few days

dammit. I want that ass end on my SCG....

@LLQJ21 yea she got a noiice booty. I posted it in classifieds so tell your friends!