Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to me XB9R

New to me XB9R

Traded my beloved clean Magna for this bike. My other bike is an NT650. I'm loving it! Lots of people were hating on it, but the bike is living up to my expectations and more. 10k miles, 2003. I'll probably do a chain conversion or replace the belt in about 5k miles. Anything else I should be checking regularly? Any special maintenance not common on other bikes?

Looking forward to being a part of this community.
    Last edited by dwkfym; 08-29-2015 at 04:49 AM.

Looks clean! Is that the race muffler?

I was about to say the same thing as onetuford! That thing looks supa clean! And that exhaust is hard to come by! Nice find!
    Get some frame pucks and axle sliders. Great insurance/protection in case of a crash.
    People hating? Who cares! You're on a totally unique ride you don't see every day.
    Gixers, CBRs, ninjas, R6s and R1s are all cookie cutters.
    Your ride has class
    As far as things to look out for.... download a service manual from Buellmods.com and just keep up with the basics. For the most part Buells are fairly bullet proof as long as they are maintained properly.
    Last edited by Chicknstripn; 08-29-2015 at 04:26 PM.

You must adjust the flux capacitor before you ride it! ha ha ha

very nice!

love the blue

Welcome, I'm kinda new around here as well. Great looking bike, I have an 03 9r white and just bought another 03 9r in black......long story. Just couldn't pass the deal up! Honda magna was the first bike I ever rode on the street over twenty yrs ago, although I have a soft spot for the magna I think you came out way ahead of the game.......and like the other guys said ur buell has class, waaaaaaaay cooler than 99% of the rest of the sport bikes out there. Enjoy, u are in very good hands around here.

Nice looking 03 real clean and buy the way DON'T touch the flux capacitor you will go to FAST. ( Back at you Tone )

I came out ahead about 500-750 dollars. My Magna was super clean 3rd gen, but I think the Buell was worth 3500 or so. It was also super clean.

Took it out to local mountain roads yesterday and did some spirited riding. The bike comes alive when I'm pushing it about 6/10ths or so! I can't wait till I take it to the track!

Definitely gonna order the frame and axle sliders.

I like the blue, but want a white more. Anyone wanna trade plastics? heheh.

If you haven't already, set the suspension to your weight. Makes a huge difference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast