Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Progress on hella headlights

I noticed the three prong also, but reading the description with the pic is correct. Figured the pic was a generic reference to the manufacturer. I run into a lot of electrical connectors with the robots and when I search for them at places like Allied and Newark the pictures always have a disclaimer 'the above photo is representative of the product line and may not be your specific part'. The style looks right and has both male and female with a field assembled wire seals. If in doubt, call the distributor and ask if they know if the description matches what is in the package. If Cooter has them, by all means just buy them from him. You might want to wash them first though. You never know where his hands have been.

Hey, if you guys don't have Cooties yet... you're doing it wrong

I wondered what that burning sensation was.

lol.............................

These should do it for the lights. I only had 2 It looks like the shutter connector is the same, but needs a split in the nose of the male plastic to fit? Hard to see. A little work with a Dremel could do it.

PM your info and I'll send them tomorrow.
    Last edited by Cooter; 09-04-2015 at 08:10 PM.

Thanks man!

The shutter connectors are actually quite a bit smaller and the metal pins are rotated 90 deg compared to the headlight H9 connector.

USPS says they'll be at your doorstep on Tuesday.

Thanks man!!!!!!!!!!1

Nice to see so many willing to help out with lighting your garage............
    Last edited by FlaXB9R; 09-07-2015 at 09:31 PM.

^jerk

I finished the bracket today. Got it all done how I originally intended but then the fairing was hitting the bank angle sensor.... grrrr:

So had to cut that piece of and reconfigure. Worked out good though. This stuff is pretty thin and I'm not a great welder, thank god for blending wheels I need a new regulator, so I'm using flux core which makes it tough welding thinner material, likes to blow holes. I pretty much tack welded over and over again to complete a line.

Here's how it ended up:

It's not perfect but it works. Just need to mount it one last time with everything in place then clean up the fairing holes to match. And the electrical, of course.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast