Thread: Airbox cover valenzia orange

Hybrid View

Airbox cover valenzia orange

Hello,

Does someone know the airbox cover valenzia orange available on buellparts.net will fit on a buell xb12s year 2004? I know it says fits 2006 + models but i just want to make sure.

Thanks for information

All year xb's will fit. I think in 07 they started putting the screen vent behind the gas cap. Thats the only difference.

Yep. It will bolt right on.

It does bolt right on, however....

On the stock '04 airbox, there was the painted airbox, and underneath that a black plastic inner "shell" that kept the air flowing into the air filter mesh. If you take that off and replace it with just the translucent airbox, air will be able to come in the throttle body straight over the top of the filter, and there's a potential for stuff to fly into the engine that you don't want to get in there.

To fix that, ASB has a kit (I forget what it's called), but it's basically a white oval piece of plastic designed to seal to the top of the air filter so that the only air going to the engine is coming through the filter. Don't worry about the white - it will look orange under the orange airbox.

You can see the filter cover in this pic.

All years had the black airfilter cover under the outside airbox cover. You don't remove the piece that holds the airfilter on although it will look better with the open airbox kit that's posted above.

Thanks oh9 - I never knew the original translucent bikes had the same inner shell.

To me, the whole point of the translucent color is to be able to see inside the airbox.

Stockexxx, you can run the inner shell under the translucent, but if you want to be able to see through the airbox, get the ASB kit.

Mine with red (don't judge me, it was Christmas time):

Changing over to blue: