Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Choose 1

Mac I think you should go check them out and test ride them and then get the one you think is the best bet. That is the best way to know what you are getting and ask questions.

I'd personally go with the higher mileage bike also as a neglected bike scares me more than a bike that's averaging roughly 1500 miles a year. Motors are built to run not sit...............

Banned
    Old motorcycle with low mileage means dry cracked rubber and plastic parts, tubes, gaskets. It can have insects and creatures in the engine cavities etc. I bought Buell XB12Scg 2009 with 900 miles last year and after 1500 miles it started leaking between PCV valve and breather tube. The breather tubes where like plasticine on the motorcycle with 1500 miles. I replaced these tubes at 10 000 miles to be on the safe side but now my motorcycle has oil leak somewhere under the starter engine, so after one year of gently riding there is a leaking gasket somewhere. 10 000 miles is only one year of riding so the one with 13k miles is still low mileage and can have issues because this is old motorcycle.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 09-04-2015 at 04:03 AM.

Thanks for all the insight guys. Might go do some test riding this weekend and will hopefully be back in the family soon!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12