Thread: Finally Picked up my new firebolt

Finally Picked up my new firebolt

Hey guys i finally got to bring a 2007 xb12r at home! Looks good sounds good, there are few things that need to be done, it has drummer exhaust and tuned by drummer, idk about the air filter if it is stock or not havent checked it yet, adjustable levers, new belt and tensioner as well as new tires, HID came with the bike in a box not installed yet, right air scoop, passenger seat cover or solo seat what ever, and the seats are covered with some nice comfy material. Might missing something.
    So this pretty much is going to be my first project, so what needs to be done is this: first most important thing is that i need to change the intake seals ( i think thats causing the back fire), after that will put some heat isolation under the seat, install HID, buy some front blinkers on ebay.. But if i decide to convert it to lightening front and tail than thay wold be a winter project, i am not really good at fixing bikes but id say that i know some stuff, and with a little help of you guys i think ill be fine, and yeah this bike i got it from a trade today i traded my cbr600rr, thank god i got rid of it even tho it was a nice nike but just not what i was looking for, leason learned no more Jap bikes
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks nice! Welcome to the addiction

Very nice! And welcome!
    Just a word of advice, if you decide to do an S conversion to the front end it requires a bit of work to make the fuse box, relay box, bank angle sensor, flasher relay and ECM fit. Look into the R to S conversion before pulling the trigger on parts.

Thank you, and yes i know jt going to be very hard to fit everything there but if i decide first ill have to make very sure

Nice looking bike and good luck with your purchase.

Thank you, im about to put my hands on some issues

Welcome to the forum man........enjoy ur bike and yes like the others said, it is an ADDICTION...LOL

Thats what it is, after riding my lightening and than some other bikes, i didnt feel comfortable with the other bikes so i decided to go back to buell

^^^^^^