Thread: Clutch Fade

Clutch Fade

Is anyone else experiencing clutch fade when the bike gets warm? I have a 05 xb9 and after the bike gets warm, the clutch doesnt engage as fast. In my first few minuets of riding, when i shift from 1st to 2nd itll pull the front wheel up. But after i ride for a bit, it doesnt and I'm convinced that its the clutch. If its an XB thing ill just let it be. If not, maybe new plates are in order this winter.

Probably time for clutch disks and plates. or wrong type of primary fluid maybe, sounds backwards, usually the clutch sticks more cold,until it heats up a minute. I just replaced mine disk and plates cost me 131 with a quart of primary fluid, and you will need the tool, just to give you a heads up for prepping

I agree^^^

Sounds like you need a new clutch.

Crash says to adjust the clutch properly.

Clutch is all adjusted, but ill check again. I'm not gentle on it and wheelie a few times a day so it wouldnt surprise me if the clutch is used up. Got 16.5k miles on it. Ill pull it apart this winter and check out the plate thickness. Whats everyone using for new plates?