Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ear plugs / ear phones, what type do you use?......if any?

ear plugs / ear phones, what type do you use?......if any?

I went for a ride the the other day and was surprised how my hearing was effected by the long period of wind noise. So I thought I would look in to ear plugs but then I started looking at custom molded earphones as well. The ones I have found are these Bluetooth ones so I can hear my sat nav directions but also keep the wind noise at bay.http://www.earfuze.com/index.html
    What does everyone else use and has anyone used the Fuze ear plugs or earphones?

I use Moldex Rockets and really like them. I can put them in and take them out dozens of times per day and they don't give me any trouble. I order three pairs every spring, one to use on the bike, one to keep as a spare on the bike, and one to use while doing yard work.

ha ha ha, you couldn't hear them if they were implanted in your brain on my bike. 1125R with a Dean Adams RT-3. I've tried. I wear a full face helmet and have tried all different kinds.
    The Buell wins every time. I'm just listening to a different kind of music.

Inactive
    dollar store bright orange jobs. come 5 pairs and storage container to a pack...all for $2. as a board elder statesman i can tell you that the aging process can be cruel and knows no exceptions. first 2 senses to come under attack by father time? hearing and vision. want to continue riding safely, quickly and comfortably into your 60's? start wearing sunglasses and ear plugs now.

HF box of cheapo orange foam ones.

If you want to go the molded earplugs route, try Radians DIY earplug putty and roll your own with your choice of earplugs. It's cheap and effective. Lots of tutorials in the interwebs.

John.

I don't think people will ever learn, wind noise is the leading cause of hearing loss not exhaust noise.

I use harbor freight or 3m ear plugs that I buy at harley..

I use foam ear plugs that are rated at 33decibels. You can find them at Walmart or a dollar store as stated by lunatic. If I want to listen to music I have a helmet set up with a pair of Uclear HD helmet speakers I got on sale at cycle gear. I think the were about $35. I use the ear plugs in combination with the speakers and insure that the speakers are set just loud enough to hear with the earplugs in. The speakers are corded and work fairly good for what they are.
    I'm with lunatic on protecting the ears. I learned an idiot leason one summer when I rode my bike from NC to NY while wearing ear buds and listening to music. When I got to my destination I could tell that the combination of music and wind noise had done a number on my hearing. Luckily it only took a few hours for things to feel normal again. But I don't know what long term effects that stupidity might have on my ear holes.
    Anyway, choose to protect your ears. Once you start losing hearing you can't get it back

I use the silicone putty ear plugs that work very well for everything, including the gun range. Dean Adam's on my CR still wins

This is a serious subject. As a musician and former recording/mixing studio owner, my hearing is absolutely critical to me and what I love to do. I use the foam ones that are moldable/insertable well into the ear canal when riding...always.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast