Thread: Buell lightning riding position

Buell lightning riding position

I have a firebolt...love the bike but its really been getting to my hands n wrists lately. I was offered a trade for same year and color lightning....does the lightning have a more upright or relaxed riding position?

Yes. Much.

Yes it does, however in my opinion you should be gripping the bike more with your legs to take the weight off of your hands and wrist. Had the same issue when I switched over to a street bike from a touring bike and I swear it's all in the legs. Test ride it first because I have put a bunch of miles on both and wouldn't trade my firebolt for anything. just my two cents. Good luck with your trade.

I agree with Bambam, you shouldn't be putting your weight forward on your wrists like that. It was a habit I had to break when first learning how to ride a sport bike. But sometimes you just can't help it. I recently rode a friends lightning 1000+ miles on a trip and what a difference it was! Try it out and see how you like it, as I'm getting older (and I'm not that old haha) I prefer the uprights.

I have a trip from PA. To Ala-freakin-Bama coming up...I don't think I can do it on the Firebolt. I squeeze with my legs, but can only keep it up for so long

As far as touring goes than I would tend to agree with you. The Lightning is the best way to have a sporty bike and still have the ability to tour. My buddy recently purchased a lightning for specifically that reason and couldn't be more happy.

I could easily do 5+ hours on my Ss Lightning with a stock seat, RC bars, and drop pegs. I'm 6'3".

i recently had a firebolt with the heli bars on it.....world of difference with about a bar up and a bar back thickness adjustment...there are adjustable clip ons for sale that might help you....