Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blown motor?

Wow! That made a "loud knocking" sound?
    You're a lucky guy! Go play the lottery

you told the wife already didn't you? If you would of said 'I don't know yet', you could of picked up a cheap 1125.......

Yeah, got excited and told the wife, but..... I think I am still getting the f4i

pic's or it didn't happen.

Oh yeah cooter, it made a hell of racket inside that case,lol. I thought for sure my bike was done for. Somehow I only lost a little primary oil and didnt destroy anything, I dont think. Pulling the primary cover in a couple hours to give her a look over. Here is my possible new toy. Not a done deal but I am pretty sure I am going to pull the trigger. Cant pass up the deal. Its an 01 cbr 600f4i, woman owned (no offense to women riders,lol), super low miles(5K), great shape besides a 3 inch scratch on the right fairing from a gravel tip over. Her husband is a bike tech(20 yrs). Letting me have it for $3200. I have always wanted a ricer to play with. Will never let the buell go by no means.cbr.jpgcbr1.jpg

Just to let everyone else know, if you think you have crank failure, put it up on stands, put it in 5th gear and slowly rotate the wheel back and forth and listen for a "thunk" If there's bearing play you'll hear it.

Inactive
    said this before but worth mentioning again considering what you'll be working on here: use common sense...sealant....and tenderness when working the adjustment hardware. many a board member have stripped the 5 threads out of the primary hole that adjuster rod threads into. correct procedure is: with jam-nut backed out use 3/16th allen to rotate adjuster inward till correct chain tension achieved.....confirm nylon washer-gasket is on top of nut and in good shape...while holding adjuster with allen tool thread nut towards primary cover and tighten snugly. do NOT over-tighten or tighten WITHOUT holding adjuster with allen or you'll strip the threads which is a nightmare to repair.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12