Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shift Shaft removal/replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Schnate View Post
    I saw a youtube video of a guy setting the shifter pawls for a Buell Blast (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjevSam_5yY), but does the XB9R have this same set up with the two adjustment bolts?

It doesn't look the same inside the primary case of my bike.

Sir: it's not in the manual for XB because i was wrong and thought you were doing up a P3 blast. NO on the adjustment sequence. look at the pic at top of this thread. that shift assembly should be same as yours. look at later XB shift assembly from 2007 XB9SX i just took for you, having primary gasket and seals replaced. they should be the same as yours. no adjustment. and yes...slides in and out. the springs are slightly different lenght so verify they are installed correctly and working on the replacment you buy, if it is used.

muxb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    Sir: it's not in the manual for XB because i was wrong and thought you were doing up a P3 blast. NO on the adjustment sequence. look at the pic at top of this thread. that shift assembly should be same as yours. look at later XB shift assembly from 2007 XB9SX i just took for you, having primary gasket and seals replaced. they should be the same as yours. no adjustment. and yes...slides in and out. the springs are slightly different lenght so verify they are installed correctly and working on the replacment you buy, if it is used.

muxb.jpg
    Good deal. Thanks for the clarification.

anyone put an XB shift assembly in a blast?

are you talking about the shifter pawl assembly (the part inside the primary, shown in the pic two posts up) or the shift linkage assembly (outside of the primary)?

the parts above , I was wondering if the Blast drum and case would accept the XB stuff and I have an extra primary cover if the shaft is a different size

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12