Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: what kind of helmet lid you usually wear? any good recommendation?

I love my Fly Racing Trekker Dual Sport with gold mirror shield. The visor is great while the sun is kicking you with glare.
    Last edited by kc24v; 12-16-2015 at 10:02 PM.

Here is 46 pages on the subject...
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthr...t=helmet+makes

I had only Shoeis for the last 20 years (RF-1200 was the last one), and finally changed to some different brands because I was feeling claustrophobic. They are super safe and probably the #1 brand, but they never fit my egg-head that well. BTW, NO ONE beat's the easy shield changing system on a Shoei

Now I have a Suomy Apex for the track because they also have a stellar reputation for safety:

They recently got MUCH less expensive and fit my head better than the Shoei's did, I don't feel so claustrophobic like the tight Shoei RF-1200, especially in the cheeks. Weight and noise are close enough to make no difference, but I think it vents better.

And I got this NEXX Diablo for the street because it has a huge pinlock face shield (the biggest ever), super comfy wide chin strap, and it is SUPER light (I think barely over 3lbs!)

Besides, nothing gets the panties wet like leather-wrapped-carbon-fiber.

I see these threads all the time with the same advice, but no one seems to mention that old helmets kill! 5 years is usually the time limit for a safe helmet, check your build date (usually on the chin strap). It's the soft foam on the inside that deteriorates (the same stuff that saves your squishy pink brain), so you can't tell by looking at it. Even a pristine helmet that's old will NOT protect you like a new one.

While I'm on my soapbox... If you drop it, throw it away.
    It's takes a surprisingly small impact to damage the inside. Very good manufacturers (like Shoei, Suomy, Arai), will let you send in a newer one for inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by ocgreenmachine View Post
    I have the Schuberth S2 and I like it... Nice fit and relatively quiet. Also looks pretty nice.
    I've been looking at the Schuberth S2 as my next helmet even though my Arai RX-Q is only 2 years old. How does the Schuberth compare to the Arai helmets? Anyone tried both who can comment?

I used HJC before.. now I wear Masei.. any review about Masei Helmet .. They sell a lot online and reasonable pricing too. so far so good for me

i stick to speed and strength cause its good prices and just as safe and good quality as anything else on the market.

helmet.jpg

icon Cariant Battlescar
    _mg_2274.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234